Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

For me, West Ham will at best muster 2 wins and a draw. Brighton have 2 suspensions so that will play into their hands. Which gives them 65 points.

Liverpool are unlikely to win all but I think they will win at least 2 matches and probably draw 1. However, they could easily get 3 wins. So I expect them to come in at around 64-66 points and they will have a better GD. So anything between 2 and 4 points for us should be enough.

Now, where are those coming from? Playing like Friday we will get a big fat zero. However, the players can do better and must step up. Man U is the easiest game on paper based on the fact they will play a lot of bench players. If we turn up and perform, we can get a good result. Chelsea is a write off, they are too good for us (the final will be different). Spurs at home it is in our hands and if we turn up, we can come up with the goods.

Tuesday is massive. Win and we are nearly there and have a big boost for the FA Cup final. Lose and the season could derail.

We are still in control for now.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I really wouldn't! Football is full of surprises and we have beaten both those teams already this season. 

I actually think we are more capable of getting a win against Man U and Spurs, but Chelsea aren't all of a sudden invincible. They will still have their off days like any other team. 

Our team at times this season have been incredible. We just need things to click on the day and maybe the rub of the green in key moments, and we can beat anyone. I will be be optimistic and enjoy the ride, up until the season ends or it is no longer mathematically possible. 

I think it’s more of what it does to the spirit of the squad. They probably see this as a chance for redemption I don’t see how they pick themselves up if we lose it.  I suppose if we won the final that could make it possible but I just don’t see it personally 

A draw against Man U does't hurt us. Obviously prefer the win. Chelsea need to watch out against Arsenal though, anything but a win is detrimental to them. I'm surprised to see them up to 94% on the 538 as any slip against ARS or us turns them from nailed on to the outside looking in. We need to pick up our points first and then hope the others can't find theirs.

Tues: ManU/LCFC

Wed: Chels/ARS

Thurs: Man U Liverpool

Edited by NewEnglandFox

How many more chances will this timid bunch get? I'm trying hard not to build my hopes up. After being let down so many times before it's hard to see anything changing. Relying on the failings of others to push us over the line didn't get the job done last time and is unlikely to this. At the very least they must have a go at United. Fortune favours the brave!

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

This is the misery of FT in all its glory (not you).

It's the fact that some fans think we'll bottle it, lose more than we win, generally fail, whilst totally missing the downright facts that other teams do actually lose games. And even more so in this outright weird season, mainly for the results you mention above. 

It's even proven today. Everyone thought West Ham would gain ground on us. Did they? Nope!

Well... We're basing stuff based upon our weak fragile mentality and history... Look at last year. I'd LOVE to be proven otherwise btw. Please leicester prove me wrogn

These projection stats are so pointless aren't they lol

I honestly don't see the point in them at all. So much so that I've come into a thread about them and instead of just leaving it, I've had to say how pointless I think they are

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

Our problem seems to be that we are too nice.

We need a few hard c*n!s on the pitch to give the opposition notice that we want it.

Huth and Wasilewski at the back?

• Like 1

We've all got PTSD from last season and it's affecting us in different ways.

Some want to lash out. Some are in denial. Many are a nervous wreck and want to just huddle in a corner. It's breaking or brains that Chelsea have suddenly become the best team in Europe when man city have been so good and we have to play Chelsea twice in quick succession which could destroy our hopes if getting a trophy and champions league.

In the last week things have got pretty messed up if you're a Leicester fan.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A team with 'weak fragile mentality' doesn't come back to being top 4 all season after the immense collapse last season.

Notwithstanding the injuries we suffered this season, too. Plus extra EL games.

Weak fragile history?! If anything, this club has shown serious bollocks in the face of adversity. We bounce back. We respond. We get better. 

I hope you're right mate! (i was talking only about last year, by the way, sometimes i mix up my languages, so it can sound a bit confusing pardon for that.) 

I worry about the mentality of some players, but if there's one club who can do it is us and us only. This is still in our hands, so I'll be supporting the boys till the last minute whatever happens. 

Maybe we as fans need to be less negative including myself, can't lose belief no matter what. Thank you for the good response and hopefully we pull through. I've been too negative lately and truthfully you can't pour gasoline on a fire and expect it to go out. Gotta get behind the boys. Let's write a wrong right 

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

A team with 'weak fragile mentality' doesn't come back to being top 4 all season after the immense collapse last season.

Notwithstanding the injuries we suffered this season, too. Plus extra EL games.

Weak fragile history?! If anything, this club has shown serious bollocks in the face of adversity. We bounce back. We respond. We get better. 

What on Earth are you doing, spouting positivity and decent chat?! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

A draw against Man U does't hurt us. Obviously prefer the win. Chelsea need to watch out against Arsenal though, anything but a win is detrimental to them. I'm surprised to see them up to 94% on the 538 as any slip against ARS or us turns them from nailed on to the outside looking in. We need to pick up our points first and then hope the others can't find theirs.

Tues: ManU/LCFC

Wed: Chels/ARS

Thurs: Man U Liverpool

In 63+ Bloody years, I Never thought I would want within the same few Days to see Manutd & Arsenal win..!! 

But just wouldnt it be a Great present from the gods.....If they could Really Let it be the year of  the fox,  & again take the season

on a Four game high....for once lets leave the Chasing bloodhounds, with their tongues a dragging..

8 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Bugger.

Look at it this way - if they finish fifth from the position they're in now, that would almost certainly be the result of us getting 3 points off them next week and clinching a top four spot at their expense. :thumbup:

10 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

How many more chances will this timid bunch get? I'm trying hard not to build my hopes up. After being let down so many times before it's hard to see anything changing. Relying on the failings of others to push us over the line didn't get the job done last time and is unlikely to this. At the very least they must have a go at United. Fortune favours the brave!

Very much a repeat of last season. We mess up but others keep giving us a lifeline but on the finishing line we stumble once too many. Fingers crossed this year we stumble over the line, not before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Very much a repeat of last season. We mess up but others keep giving us a lifeline but on the finishing line we stumble once too many. Fingers crossed this year we stumble over the line, not before.

We’ve already stumbled before the line this year but we do still have the chance of crawling across it 

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Seriously, none of us guys have an iota of the cojones these players have. I guess a lot of people get off on raging and feeling hard done to.

I definatly don't.

I haven't even got the bottle to watch on Tuesday.

I'm playing Tueday evening and I'll walk off the pitch and look at my phone and hope.

It's a lot less stressful.

(notice how I spelt definatly)

• Haha 2