Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Man Utd - Post-Match Thread

Play like that against Man City next time out and there’s no reason we can’t beat them.

The confidence we should gain from that performance today could be massive in the race for top 4, especially considering the manor in which West Ham gave up their 3-0 lead earlier. 

Fantastic win, played really well.

Thought Man Utd were quite poor flout fortunately (for them) found there selves level at half time.

We look a different team in big games this season - we don’t look scared anymore (we have in 1 or 2 games this season but generally we’ve turned a corner in that regard), it’s soooo good to see!

I really bloody like Iheanacho.

Let’s just focus of the next game (in the cup) as opposed to overlooking Southampton though (I’ve not read anything on here yet) but my mates (and admittedly myself) looked straight to the final when drawing Southampton, let’s focus on that game first, treat them with abit of respect or I fear we’ll come down to earth with a bump.

Just now, Matt said:

Fantastic win, played really well.

Thought Man Utd were quite poor flout fortunately (for them) found there selves level at half time.

We look a different team in big games this season - we don’t look scared anymore (we have in 1 or 2 games this season but generally we’ve turned a corner in that regard), it’s soooo good to see!

I really bloody like Iheanacho.

Let’s just focus of the next game (in the cup) as opposed to overlooking Southampton though (I’ve not read anything on here yet) but my mates (and admittedly myself) looked straight to the final when drawing Southampton, let’s focus on that game first, treat them with abit of respect or I fear we’ll come down to earth with a bump.

Saints can shape their entire season around it now. Whereas we’d have been facing the other two after they had an European game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sishades said:

I was 15 the last time we got to a semi, I feel like crying right now.So emotional. And the best thing is that my Man Utd workmate owes me a very large packet of Extra crunchy crisps. Monday cannot come quick enough.

I was 15 when I went to the Villa Park semi in '82 for my first ever away game, scarred me for life I think! I also remember wondering why the City fans were singing "We'll sink your f!*king ships" to Ardiles and Ricky Villa ! :)

My neighbour saw me trying to cut something down in our front garden earlier, he came over and gave me an electric saw to make it easy.

As I'm a top bloke, I returned the saw with 6 cans of Moretti as a thank you.

I really need those 6 beers back tonight lol

• Like 2

I'm all over excited.

We outplayed one of the two teams a move us.

We are in the FA Cup semis.  I think the last o e was my most empty day as a Leicester fan.  Villa Park was miserable.

We have more than  a team of wonderful players today.  

Never mind what is our strongest team, what is our strongest formation?

7 minutes ago, majaco said:

It was horrible.  I was 15 and could hardly see a thing as the Holt End steps were shallow.  Saw Wilson's deft chip though.

I was 16 I think. I didn't see much at all. I can't remember seeing the og either. 

Got tickets for the 82 semi in the Spurs end and had the indignity of having to watch us lose amongst an elated crowd. I was 17 then and have seen us get so close so many times since and then fall at the last hurdle.

Like many I wondered if we would ever return so those who can’t remember that day, please forgive us our emotional reaction to this result. Somehow it means  so much, we have finally got there again.

Make no mistake though. This is a far better team with a much better chance to reach the final.

I don’t remember the 69 final but we lost to Man City. History may be giving us a chance for the perfect revenge!!!