Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

12 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Just drove to the shops, my Mrs has a terrible habit of leaving Heart 70's on the radio, so I usually switch it over immediately. 

Not this time.

Rockin' All Over The World was playing.

A good omen for any City fan who remembers those 90's Wembley visits!

I’d actually forgotten about that, until reading this... good memories 

16 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Think I'd play 352 with Maddison in for Praet and Cags for Big Dan. Don't generally like 3 at the back but we just don't have good enough wide options at the moment to play a 4231.

Perez has to play against Southampton 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m superstitious so practicing my miserable face to catch the cameraman !

I keep reminding myself that if we do make it through I will want to try to get the same offer next month so I have to behave ....... I can go apeshit in May when it really matters !!!!!

Had my PCR yesterday all good. Got the lateral flow test at 3.50 today so praying that's negative.!

Wonder how many have managed to get tickets? I know at least 12 people going who've got them by hook or crook. 

• Like 4

3-5-2 seems to get a lot of stick but with our best 3 Central defenders available again, an a good performance and result seen against Man utd, I see no reason to go back on the starting line up against Man utd, only decisions for me are fitness depending Ricardo/ Albrighton and either Maddison/ Perez, that performance shows when most of our best players are available, we can make the back 3 work, the intensity in that game was key, pressing when out of possession and 2 good substitutes to bring on, unless Under can play as a striker, I don't see how he gets any time on the pitch playing a 3, if it doesn't work against Southampton with our best players, I may question the shape, but the Man utd performance deserves another go at a 3.

• Like 1

It’s awful that I’m just so laid back about this. In normal circumstances I would be buzzing. 

I want us to win tomorrow and I want us to

win the cup, but whichever way it goes it’s going to have a hollow feel about it. 

• Like 2

I wonder if any FTers attended the last ever third place play-off FA Cup match between City and Burnley, played at Filbert Street in May 1974? City lost 1-0. These play-off games ran for just 4 years, starting in 1971. Everyone moans about World Cup third place play-offs, but surely they aren't as pointless as international friendlies.