Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

14 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I wonder if any FTers attended the last ever third place play-off FA Cup match between City and Burnley, played at Filbert Street in May 1974? City lost 1-0. These play-off games ran for just 4 years, starting in 1971. Everyone moans about World Cup third place play-offs, but surely they aren't as pointless as international friendlies. 

I did. Needed to complete the set having been to every other match in that cup run. Only about 4,000 attendance, I think. It rained, non-stop. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

My test is at midday .......... one more hurdle to get through (actually two cos my son could get test positive !) 

My ticket says ‘no colours’ btw .......

I was just skip-reading the thread, and I thought you'd put 'My ticket says, no coloureds' lol

On 21/03/2021 at 19:16, Bezzanator89 said:

This. And I won't even get to see them at Wembley. :(

But we now have a BIG chance to go our first FA Cup Final since 1969 (52 years), what a time to follow the Foxes.

I can remember this time 52 years ago, desperately trying to obtain a ticket from local football clubs, many of whom held an allocation for the Final. No chance, so I was forced to sit it out in front of the television like thousands of others. 

43 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

We are relying on you now, maybe take it easy, do a few vocal exercises, massages etc.

Need you to be at the top of your game. Have you got a dinosaur? :D

I can’t overdo it or I’ll screw up my chances of repeating the same trick for the final (assuming we get there)

40 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

That the PCR or lateral one? My ticket says have to have a test stamped after 3.30 today. 

Lateral - yes I checked it out with Wembley and they said that I’d be ok as long as it was today. There were conflicting messages ref this timing aspect. however, I’m slightly concerned that I may have to have a discussion on approach to the stadium but it will take my mind off worrying about the game!

34 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Fully expecting @st albans fox to do a one man pitch invasion if we win this as any self respecting Leicester fan would in the circumstances :chant:

Can’t get to the playing surface from my seat or I’d defo be on there ............

evidently there will be at least a dozen of us there for a socially distanced and silent rendition of  ‘we are the left side ‘ etc etc - 

On 12/04/2021 at 19:46, Hollyfox said:

Baggies have got a Midlands double header with us and Villa. 

They'll be well up for both and we'll have to be pretty ruthless to win. 

Maybe the Mags will do us a favour Saturday lunchtime. 

As shite as they are, they sometimes pull out a weird result. 

You're welcome 👍😄

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

if you don’t mind I’ll skip that bit ...........(and I know you were going easy on me by only suggesting twelve) 

Take plenty of money with you. Water is very expensive in Wembley. Perhaps they'll let you take your own bottle in, or perhaps not if money is to be made.