Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

This Era of Supporting Our Club

From having to watch players like Ryan McGivern get torn to shreds by Ivan Fvcking Sproule, to now watching players like Youri Tielemans turn into prime Iniesta.

What a journey we’ve been on since the 08/09 season.

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A golden era, for sure.

A Premier League win.

Reaching the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

Finishing 5th in the league.

Playing in the Europa League.

On set for a strong finish in the league this season.

Reaching the FA Cup semi-final for the first time in a lot of our lifetimes. 

World class players - instead of just one or two in the squad, we have pure quality all around the squad. One of the best British managers in charge. One of the best owners in the land. 

I am so proud of where the club is at right now, and for anyone - players & staff - at the club right now. We're making progress season by season, establishing ourselves as a team to be taken seriously as time goes by and our stature grows and grows.

We've come a long way in such a short time and I can't wait for the journey to continue, even more so if fans can attend a final (should we get there) and for beyond this season anyway :wub:.

And it's only going to get better. 

Who would have ever predicted something like this would happen to our little football club?

Finding my love for Leicester in the early 90's as a fresh faced 9/10 year old I thought reaching the playoff final was as good as it was gonna get. Then we got to another, and I thought that was the norm. Then we got to another, and won. Reaching the premier league was as good as it was gonna get.

I was right, we were relegated back down to where we belonged.

Then another playoff final, the most dramatic of wins (still the best single moment I've ever experienced in a football match) and another season in the premier league was something to look forward to.

But we stayed there, and won some league cups! Surely that was as good as it was going to get!?

It was, for a long long time. Relegation followed by an immediate bounce back up was swiftly followed by the darkest of times.we went back down, we were skint and we needed Gary Lineker to bail us out, we became the reason rules and punishments were brought in around finances :doh:

Things got worse, and worse again. We found ourselves in league 1......... our record of being 1 of 9 teams to never play outside of the top 2 divisions was gone, that day in Stoke was a low, a very, very low, low.

Yet somehow that season in league 1 was exactly what we needed. Big Nige came in and, although we've hit some bumps along the way, we've never looked back. Nige went, Sousa came in, Sven came in, Nige came back and we've improved year on year since. Of course a certain Thai company came in and bought us up while this was going on.

Honestly, in the last 10 or 11 years, we have been one of the best teams to follow and support. It's an incredible journey and I just hope that it continues for a long, long time

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A golden era, for sure.

A Premier League win.

World class players - instead of just one or two in the squad, we have pure quality all around the squad. One of the best British managers in charge. One of the best owners in the land. 

I am so proud of where the club is at right now, and for anyone - players & staff - at the club right now. We're making progress season by season, establishing ourselves as a team to be taken seriously as time goes by and our stature grows and grows.

We've come a long way in such a short time and I can't wait for the journey to continue, even more so if fans can attend a final (should we get there) and for beyond this season anyway :wub:.

Great post. 

When you think about the above and the moaners that consistently come out of the wood work whenever we have an indifferent period or at their worst a poor half of football, you have to laugh. 

We have so much going for us and I’m so lucky to have witnessed what I’ve witnessed over the years. Our owners and Brendan are managing this club so well on and off the pitch that continued success is a real possibility. 

• Like 4

The amount of potentially world class players we have is staggering when you think about it;

Fofana

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Castagne

Justin

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Then there are the worldies that we already have;

Schmeichel

Evans

Ndidi

Tielemans

Vardy

We're probably the best team Rodgers has ever managed. And for me, the best Leicester team of all time.

Edited by 4everfox
Kelechi

We're a provincial football club. We'll never be a giant.

Yet we are two games (very tough games) away from potentially winning every domestic trophy in the space of just over 20 years. We've also had a decade spell out of the top flight and a venture into the third tier.

The rollercoaster ride we've been on for 30 years is astonishing.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A golden era, for sure.

A Premier League win.

Would definitely add the season we won the championship and even the great escape. So many amazing memories. 

• Like 2

It depends on how old you are and how old you were when you became a supporter.

Like everyone else my favourite season is 2015/16 when we finished in our highest ever position, i.e Champions. But my second favourite season is 90/91 when we had an absolutely crap team, endured some horrific defeats and finished in what was then our lowest ever position. Without experiencing the lows you can't appreciate the highs.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

We're a provincial football club. We'll never be a giant.

Yet we are two games (very tough games) away from potentially winning every domestic trophy in the space of just over 20 years. We've also had a decade spell out of the top flight and a venture into the third tier.

The rollercoaster ride we've been on for 30 years is astonishing.

Boring fact is that wolves are the only team to have some every English professional trophy.

All four divisions plus league and fa cups

The most satisfying thing for me is every time we’ve sold a player we’ve replaced them with someone just as good or better with the exception of Mahrez (for me Ndidi is doing the job of Kante just as much effectiveness) I think back to the MON days when we sold Heskey, it was the start of the decline and all other era’s we’ve never replaced big players leaving 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Boring fact is that wolves are the only team to have some every English professional trophy.

All four divisions plus league and fa cups

I meant the league, FA and League Cups as the domestic trophies

I can quite happily cope with not winning the fourth division ;) 

• Like 2

May 2008, and I was crying like a baby watching Stoke celebrate promotion to the Premier league, whilst we looked forward to our first season in the third division, dismal times.

If someone had told me then, that in 13 years time we'd have celebrated all that we've achieved in recent times, I'd have told them they needed their head looking at.

What a glorious time to live as a Leicester City fan.

23 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

The amount of potentially world class players we have is staggering when you think about it;

Fofana

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Castagne

Justin

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Then there are the worldies that we already have;

Schmeichel

Evans

Ndidi

Tielemans

Vardy

We're probably the best team Rodgers has ever managed. And for me, the best Leicester team of all time.

Thats a big statement regarding best team Rogers ever managed, but when you look at it yes that Liverpool team had Suarez, Gerrard, Sturridge and Sterling but if it had a defence as good as ours, that team would of won the league with 10+ points.