Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-2 Man City - Post-Match Thread

I'm not that disappointed. Thought we were a bit unlucky. Ref was shit. I thought in the last 20 minutes we looked really dangerous and had we had a bit more luck and got one back quickly we could've easily gotten something out of it. With Chelsea losing and us probably expected to lose I suppose it's a net win in a glass half-full kinda way. I fancy Brighton and Wolves to get something from their games vs MU and WH. Next week's game is massive.

Edited by Wizerud
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, even if we had wanted to play them at their game (tactical fouls to hold up any breaks) it was made very clear, very early on that it would not tolerated as Wilf got a yellow for first offence for very little Not questioning the result it was very one sided, but difficult to feel the the field was level.

• Like 3

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Freud testing when you are totally outclassed like that, somewhat embarrassing when CL football is your goal. Anyway Man City can do that to anyone and we need just forget that game 

Tbh that's what i was thinking, fair enough we lost but we looked like we werent even playing the same game as man city, not sure what the point of cl football is when we get outclassed so easily.

Taylor was atrocious. That no contact free kick for kdb, Fernandinho committing atleast 6 could and no card. Any 50/50 their way. 

Today was more disappointing because we didn't play our game at all. I get the cagey tactics, but we needed subs at 60. Although Perez played well, we needed to keep nacho on as he's more likely to score.

• Like 2

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Freud testing when you are totally outclassed like that, somewhat embarrassing when CL football is your goal. Anyway Man City can do that to anyone and we need just forget that game 

Every one of the big 6 we have got a result/played good football against this season. Not something we could say in previous seasons, we are improving.

Today was pretty one sided and for us to have turned the game we needed to snatch a half chance or pounce on a mistake which we didn't do. Seen up play worse this season though against inferior opposition.

Perez had a decent game and in this formation he is a threat. On to the West Ham game which is huge.

• Like 1

The only way we beat them is if they make mistakes. The one time they did, Dias made an outstanding block. Not good enough to compete and no shame in that but shows how far we are away from the very best. 

Assume the position of Jesus was checked for their first goal? Looked close on the replay. They weren't peppering our goal but you knew theyd make an opportunity eventually. 

Lack of options on the ball and the front 2 offered no get out. Perez did well but unfortunately there is very little goal threat. 

Nooone should be getting too down. It was disappointing but don't need to be getting too worked up. Avoid defeat at West Ham at least and I'll be ok with that.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

That was like a training match for Man City today. They were never, ever going to lose that game.

We created nowt and defended far too deep.

Accept it and move on 

Move on by all means but we are currently 3rd in the league and playing at home, I would sooner have had a go at them and possibly lost by one more. Bad attitude.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Perez was good. Not a bad performance just didn’t have enough pace or incision on the counter to hurt them. 

Man City are a great side, you can’t really do much other than work hard and try to contain them when Kevin De Bruyne and co. turn up like today.

I agree about Man City,but don’t think Perez cuts it.I was impressed with him when he first came.

It's disappointing with how good they are that they resort to the dirty tactics they do. My biggest bug bear is players stopping free kicks yet it goes unpunished time and time again.  The ref allowed it all today from them. We lose we lose but that was actually disgraceful from them. 

Onwards and upwards! A winnable next 3 games, still 3rd. Come on Leicester!!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wizerud said:

I'm not that disappointed. Thought we were a bit unlucky. Ref was shit. I thought in the last 20 minutes we looked really dangerous and had we had a bit more luck and got one back quickly we could've easily gotten something out of it. With Chelsea losing and us probably expected to lose I suppose it's a net win in a glass half-full kinda way. I fancy Brighton and Wolves to get something from their games vs MU and WH. Next week's game is massive.

Well summed up. For long spells, we defended really well. Felt at 1-0, there was going to be one more goal. 

Should take it as a compliment that Man City are in the game of dark arts against us and probably their strongest eleven. 

3 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

As we saw with musa they can move money all over the place to get what they want. Clearly got Taylor in their pocket.

yes they win but what does it really mean. They have the most money

Not 'clearly' at all though is it.

Unless it's ever proven that refs in this country are corrupt then it's just lazy generalizations IMO

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

Throw the kitchen sink at them and we might score a couple but they’d probably score 5 or 6. Don’t envy him in situations like today when you’re lining up against that type of quality all over the pitch (and on the bench). 

They’ve scored 5 three times this season against Burnley, Southampton and WBA I’d like to think we’d have more of a threat if we had dared, we chose to be negative for the entire 90 minutes today and still lost by two.

• Thanks 1

Guest ttfn

No problem with losing to Manchester City. They’re a superb team and may well win the lot this year.

I do have a problem with us losing to Manchester City without paying a glove on them. The refereeing didn’t help.

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Unless you are a fan of a massive wankfest (I sure some of you are) I suggest you switch Sky off.

Was hoping they'd do the usual with us and just say yea here's the 2 goals AND NOW LIVE LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL (as I'm sure would have been the case had we won) but no. Actual analysis today of course. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

We could attack and they could exploit our gaps and batter us or we sit back and counter. Admittedly we were missing our better players for that formation but the previous games against them have shown that’s the best way for us to get a result. Im not too offended by the stand offish nature of this set up. It can work and unfortunately today it didn’t. 

But if its a free hit then...I dunno....have a go? If not at 0-0 then surely at 0-1? 

We could of had a real go in the first twenty minutes and found ourselves one up with something to work on for the rest of the game, but we played to just wait for the inevitable. 

If we had gone for it from the start and found ourselves a couple down at half time then so what, we lost anyway!

Its almost like that just because we scored five against them earlier in the season  and scored three against Liverpool doing a similar thing, that Rodgers thinks teams will simply collapse at some point if we just spend the whole game inviting pressure.  

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining we lost, I just don't get the tactics.  I wouldn't have put money on city turning that round at 0-1, even if you'd offered me 100 to 1.  It was so negative 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I mean, I know Man City are the better team in not going to question that but Jesus christ just what was our plan today?

That was embarrassing in a tactical sense and if Rodgers sent them out to do nothing but keep the score down then fair play, conceding two is half decent.  

We could play that game a hundred times with those tactics and we would lose 100.  I have no idea what Rodgers wanted from that.

Generally you'd expect more from a side in third place than that. We defended quite well, but I can't remember seeing Chelsea or Man U. dominated like that by Man. City. Not sure if we still show them too much respect, (notwithstanding the 2-5).

Anyway draw a line under and move on. On our day we should beat West Ham, so let's do that.

Hopefully some other results involving the chasing pack go in our favour as well.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

The only way we beat them is if they make mistakes. The one time they did, Dias made an outstanding block. Not good enough to compete and no shame in that but shows how far we are away from the very best. 

Assume the position of Jesus was checked for their first goal? Looked close on the replay. They weren't peppering our goal but you knew theyd make an opportunity eventually. 

Lack of options on the ball and the front 2 offered no get out. Perez did well but unfortunately there is very little goal threat. 

Nooone should be getting too down. It was disappointing but don't need to be getting too worked up. Avoid defeat at West Ham at least and I'll be ok with that.

I thought that. Looked possibly offside as Tielemans cleared 

No disputing the result but the amount of times we gave the ball away starting from Schmeichel, the defenders fannying about trying to play 6 inch passes to each other in the box and when we eventually got the ball into midfield we did the same. Really surprised we took off Iheanancho, it should have been Perez at least Nacho is a threat.