Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Really great to see this Super League idea falling to pieces so soon after being announced. I was considering giving up on football altogether, but this gives me hope that all is not lost just yet.

I still think something needs to be done to prevent something like this from happening again in the future. Would love to see us adopt the German model of fans having majority ownership in clubs or something similar, but it is glorious to see the backlash to this revolting idea, especially from fans and players/former players of the clubs involved.

Slabhead has gone up massively in my estimation. Won't hear a bad word said against him.

• Like 1

So the ones who cast the first stone have decided to run away when the stones are thrown back.....

Cowardly, and pathetic.

Football was built by the blistered hands of workers.... blacksmiths, grocers, joiners and candlestick makers... it was forged on muddy fields with jumpers for goalposts and pigskins for a ball. It was played by modest men who after a hard weeks graft let of some steam with the lads and a sense of worth  and something to look forward to on a Saturday lunch time and tea time. It gave local communities a hero, it gave young children inspiration, and it gave the local people something to be proud about, something to talk about at work on a Monday when conversation would otherwise be elsewhere. 

It helps to take people away to another place, potentially away from harm and darkness, it can pick you up when you’re at you’re lowest, and it can often let you down. But football is always there, no matter your colour, sex, mental or physical impairment, gender identification or religious belief, football is there for all.

It can be played in the streets of Brazil, school playgrounds, artificial pitches or even a beach. 

Football is the people’s sport, played by people, watched by people and invested in by people. This idea to take it away from the people is theft, it’s stealing a product away from the people to sell it out to line their pockets. 

Words can’t really describe how much of a disgrace this is. Perhaps it’s been on the cards for a while, companies like sky aren’t innocent in all of this as the continued growth and relentless schedules has reduced football to a business, a major tool for the mega rich to get richer, and the investors to lose out. 

I remember going to my first game, walking to filbert street amongst the sea of blue shirts trickling to the ground. The smell of fried onions, bacon and burgers filled the air, and the echo’s of “PROGRAMS” bounding around the houses all tightly packed together. Approaching the ground I can see the flags gently flowing in the wind. The clanking of the turnstiles and the tearing of the tickets, having to watch the more rotund chaps struggle with the gate. Then climbing the stairs and seeing the scoreboard poking above the skyline, and seeing the stadium in all of its glory, smiles everywhere, laughing and joking...... 

Falling in love with Club, falling in love with Leicester city.....  

Football belongs to the people, not the few. We all fell in love with it for the same reason... how dare they think they can take all of this away from us, they had no right and they will rightly crumble. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

Really great to see this Super League idea falling to pieces so soon after being announced. I was considering giving up on football altogether, but this gives me hope that all is not lost just yet.

I still think something needs to be done to prevent something like this from happening again in the future. Would love to see us adopt the German model of fans having majority ownership in clubs or something similar, but it is glorious to see the backlash to this revolting idea, especially from fans and players/former players of the clubs involved.

Slabhead has gone up massively in my estimation. Won't hear a bad word said against him.

I think the backlash renders the ESL dead for years, possibly decades to come. 

No one wants it, not fans, players, clubs (apart from the few). It surely can't happen for a long time at least

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The American Pie is crumbling. ( Football wise )

Drove my Spurs to the levee, but the levy was dry....

Singin', "This'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die"

Hoping that the immoral scum will be driven back behind our borders so that the rest of the world might live in peace and deal with its own problems in its own way. Financialization, Globalization, Color Revolutions and regime change must end.

So it's only Chelsea and Man City out from the PL? Who is left in the SL? Are they trying to recruit any other clubs?  Don't go thinking Man City and Chelsea are the saviours of football or anything. They are worse than the others in some respects!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lestalee said:

Does this now mean that the 14 remaining have to meet and decide 

If we want these cretins back in the prem by rights they'd left ...

Force the other 6 to wear a gold top 6 badge on their shirt.