Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Shouldn't feel the responsibility for that. If we profit from it because they messed up, that's on them. Not us. We shouldn't have to feel guilty for their wrongdoings. 

Hypocritical that we sit here saying football teams need to earn their place in European competitions only for us to get given a place in Europe for non-footballing reasons.

• Haha 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

Hypocritical that we sit here saying football teams need to earn their place in European competitions only for us to get given a place in Europe for non-footballing reasons.

I get that. But we currently sit 3rd and are in a place to earn it. It's not our fault that other clubs mess their shit up. What are we going to do - refuse to participate? 

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Guess with Woodward being an employee it was easy to ditch him (even he was already going...) . Agnelli being the owner of the club isn't going to sack himself for making a pigs ear of this. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I hope that the punishments still follow for these clubs. Not least for those with their owners still present. They can't be seen to be getting away with this. 

A fine is not good enough. 

It has to be a points deduction. It has to be expulsions or suspensions. Has to be hard-hitting more than in just monetary terms. 

They owe me two nights sleep, a lot of coffee and a few packs of biscuits for a start. Not to mention the effects of the blood pressure surge. B*****ds.

I feel so sorry for Top who had just stayed up to watch our semi win and then was faced with all that.

Although it would be hurting their own product (they've got me talking like them now), UEFA have to ban the 12, well those who qualify, from next seasons Champions League and Europa League, even though it may affect our co-efficient, they have to take a stand. Make it a two year ban initially because you know there will be an appeal and a watered down punishment i.e 1 year. Domestically, I don't know what kind of punishment but yes, certainly not fines, they have to be shown who the authorities are.  

6 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Think Ed deserves a pitch presentation on the last home game the season. Good that fans are back for that. 

I've always disliked Utd .  But Woodward deserves a lot of credit for giving up a multi million pound job in opposition to the Clubs proposal.

Clearly this was a decision taken over his head and he's done the right thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1