Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Sky have been talking up this big 6 and it's been annoying us all for ages - well now is the time to flip this on it's head and use it as a stick to beat them with.

I've no doubt the PL will go all weak at the knees with the big six coming back and that any discipline will be minimal, but we as fans cannot forget this and must continue to show what our voices mean collectively.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Graham Souness has it the nail on the head, even though they've said they've pulled out this super league setup. They have still signed a suppose contract, can they just walk away from that i mean. It's a bit like a club agreeing to sign a player, paper works all done and dusted the players offically signed and then decided he's not going to going to come. I mean I think this far from over.

First rule in law(for me). He who has the most money wins as he can keep it wrapped up in court forever or bankrupt you litigating instead. Allerdyce vs. Allerdyce? At least in civil cases. No matter who is right.

"Official statement. Manchester City Football Club can confirm that it has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League. We would also like to apologise for the cynical way Fernandinho brings down opponents on the half way line aka "Tactical Foul", mysteriously avoiding punishment for it."

OK, I made up the second bit.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

"Official statement. Manchester City Football Club can confirm that it has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League. We would also like to apologise for the cynical way Fernandinho brings down opponents on the half way line aka "Tactical Foul", mysteriously avoiding punishment for it."

OK, I made up the second bit.

Seems legit though

Interesting reading that some spurs fans are happy as they believe uefa will just go ahead with the CL new format, for which they would qualify. I really really do hope that uefa decide to scrap this plan now. But money talks so I won’t hold my breath. 

Just now, Sir Shep said:

Interesting reading that some spurs fans are happy as they believe uefa will just go ahead with the CL new format, for which they would qualify. I really really do hope that uefa decide to scrap this plan now. But money talks so I won’t hold my breath. 

The fact that this whole thing has meant the changes have been voted through without anyone realising what’s going on is pretty shameful anyway.  I doubt uefa can easily rescind that (or have any motivation to do so) 

It was obvious it wasn't going to happen as I with the golden globe predating a few days ago. The Leagues need now to press home their psychological advantage and push back on the ploy that this represented all along which was to be a negotiating ploy to force UEFA and the leagues into giving more say and control to the 'elite clubs' They must be made to eat humble pie, lots of humble pie and shoved onto the naughty step.

9 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

As @moore_94 posted this is the full statement 

Manchester City Football Club can confirm that it has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League

They must have spent hours drafting that and proof reading it :rolleyes: