Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Hopefully Neville is just as damning about the wildcard co-officient qualification bollocks. That has to go

Let’s face it - this rule will have pretty much the same consequence in the Prem as the super league 

last season, Spurs and arsenal would have qualified for the champions league due to this rule 

There must be some ramifications with the organisers, surely? This was well beyond a threat- they'd resigned from the ECA, statements were put out that it was happening as soon as practicable, they can't just walk away from this. They must have signed contracts.

I'd imagine the backers will want compensating.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kingleicester said:

So can someone please explain to me why there is no uproar o the new CL format?? If I’m correct teams will still not be there on merit????

Because we’ve all been screaming bloody murder about this shite so that vote passed without us noticing lol

1 minute ago, Kingleicester said:

So can someone please explain to me why there is no uproar o the new CL format?? If I’m correct teams will still not be there on merit????

Exactly why we need to dump it all and start again regardless. UEFA are just as corrupt, they just hold the power so they can be less drastic, but they'll still appease anyone with money and power.

• Like 2

Just now, Foxes96 said:

What do we think the punishments might be? 

Banned from Europe next year? 
Points deduction for next season? (20points?/ 30points?/ 40? How do you decide what’s fair? 
Im sure there will be a fine as well 

How about pretty much nothing ........

they haven’t done anything but bring the game into disrepute - what do you think CAS would judge is a reasonable sanction for that ???  Bed with no supper ?

42 minutes ago, Goober said:

I feel like this has all fallen apart too quickly for any real change to come from it. The fans of the clubs will be far more forgiving now they've crumbled after 2 days.

Credit to all the supporters etc who appear to have made this happen anyway. 

Sadly I think you’re right. I am London based and my fickle Chelsea mates have already said they’re ‘proud’ of the club for pulling out. It’s an absolute disgrace, and they should not get away with out any punishments. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Let’s face it - this rule will have pretty much the same consequence in the Prem as the super league 

last season, Spurs and arsenal would have qualified for the champions league due to this rule 

There are three years before the new Champions League comes into operation. Plenty of time for UEFA to see sense and ditch the wildcard - especially if pressure is applied on them to do so.

3 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

What do we think the punishments might be? 

Banned from Europe next year? 
Points deduction for next season? (20points?/ 30points?/ 40? How do you decide what’s fair? 
Im sure there will be a fine as well 

They’ll pussy out and give them a small fine and nothing more. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

How about pretty much nothing ........

they haven’t done anything but bring the game into disrepute - what do you think CAS would judge is a reasonable sanction for that ???  Bed with no supper ?

I think this is right, I doubt there will be any major sanction against the rebels,

But fans of those clubs should hold them to account. Chelsea and Man City might get away with is as they've folded first, but the others - it's down to the supporters to force the owners out (if that is possible)