Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The only sanctions will come from UEFA and then probably overturned by CAS. The domestic leagues will shit it, especially the PL.

CAS won’t be able to overturn anything in the UK post Brexit. I think thats what will have mainly spooked the British teams, it the Government wrote something into law to stop them they would have absolutely no one to appeal to. 

• Like 1

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Florentino Perez Reckons the clubs have all signed a legally binding contract last Saturday, so the clubs might not be able to leave the super league if true

Trying to save his own ass.

Graham Souness has it the nail on the head, even though they've said they've pulled out this super league setup. They have still signed a suppose contract, can they just walk away from that i mean. It's a bit like a club agreeing to sign a player, paper works all done and dusted the players offically signed and then decided he's not going to going to come. I mean I think this far from over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

CAS won’t be able to overturn anything in the UK post Brexit. I think thats what will have mainly spooked the British teams, it the Government wrote something into law to stop them they would have absolutely no one to appeal to. 

There must be an independent sporting court of appeal though?

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Florentino Perez Reckons the clubs have all signed a legally binding contract last Saturday, so the clubs might not be able to leave the super league if true

This would be great if the six ended up in an "Adrian Silva" no mans land where they were neither in the PL or the ESL!

• Like 2

I’d be surprised if there’s any sanctions at all, possibly a slapped wrist but they’ll be no point deductions or transfer embargo’s etc. The greedy 6 will just look at another way of shoehorning more money into their coffers once the outrage dies down. 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Did it mention fielding a full strength side? I'm sure the under 10's would love a few trips abroad :D

• Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The UTD Fans need to keep up the pressure now to have these owners removed from the Club or forced to sell up.

Hope they stay. They know their football - £80m to LCFC for Maguire