Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

BT with a statement that both condemns it whilst still leaving the door open just enough to be able to bid for the rights. 

Yep, that's what I took from it too. Bit of a cop out and entirely in disagreement with the views of their pundits on air last night. 

12 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

BT with a statement that both condemns it whilst still leaving the door open just enough to be able to bid for the rights. 

Plus with their current EUFA deal they have a vested interest in it not happening because if they lose that they probably buggered. Surely people only watch BT TV for the football?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:
  • Expansion from 32 teams to 36.
  • 2 "Wildcard" places for teams with "sporting merit" to qualify.
  • One single 36 team league with guaranteed minimum of 10 matches per team
  • Top 8 qualify for knockout stages
  • 9-16 play off for right to get to knock-outs

If this sounds shite, it's because it is. It is a compromised way to guarantee more income to the top clubs in the game to avert the Super League.

I’m confused,  is it still the top 4 quality?

Edited by Kingleicester

The fans of the Sly Six (as I’ve just christened them) are quite rightly losing their shit. I can’t see how this can go ahead with such hatred.

UEFA, FIFA and the respective FAs need to stand by their threats and ensure that if these clubs go ahead with their plan, they will be exiled from ‘proper’ football. In reality, none of these clubs can afford for that to happen. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, what? said:

The problem if the 6 do go would obviously be the financial and talent knock on drains to the rest of the clubs. But assuming all that could be mitigated (highly questionable I know) how great would a league that was so much more of an equal competition be?! Maybe with some new regulations to actually discourage new super clubs from forming, wage and transfer caps etc. That league would be infinitely more enjoyable and exciting, even if the technical standard of the football on display took a bit of a hit.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 This 

I don't think it will go ahead and it's more posturing in a "you need us more than we need you" kind of way. Not sure they banked on their own fans being so against it though and long term relationships are going to be damaged.

Edited by RowlattsFox

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Once that is confirmed then the premier league should deduct points from all the teams that confirmed they would join this super league. They should come down on all involved really hard!

• Like 1