Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

2 minutes ago, Torten said:

Tuchel a bottle job then. I could even see why Chelsea brought him in, I can’t imagine Lampard being too keen on the idea.

In fairness to him, and Solskjaer, I feel for them in this instance. This clearly goes way above them and they're the ones who have to front the nonsense, as opposed to the 'suits' higher up. 

It's the equivalent of your boss making a string of redundancies and then sending you out to dish out the P45 envelopes. 

Ipswich Town, Everton, Derby, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers & Leicester City have all won the league since Tottenham last did in 1961.. Aston Villa & Nottingham Forest have more European cups than Arsenal, Tottenham & Atheltico Madrid

• Like 1

Just now, NasPb said:

should recieve heavy fines at the least, and ideally but not probably they should get point deductions 

Fines are not a great deterrent, points deductions and expulsion would hit them hard. There is no time for leniency 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Clueless, thoughtless, complete disregard and no insight into football in this country

B83CB045-0CD0-4DDD-944D-270799095D84.jpeg

A18ED088-EED5-414D-A56A-058F6F908059.jpeg

4295FC3E-99C1-4E3F-862E-79FE6FE85A05.jpeg

I find this hard to believe considering there is relegation in literally every other football league in the world. 

3 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

In fairness to him, and Solskjaer, I feel for them in this instance. This clearly goes way above them and they're the ones who have to front the nonsense, as opposed to the 'suits' higher up. 

It's the equivalent of your boss making a string of redundancies and then sending you out to dish out the P45 envelopes. 

And if you were comfortable financially, in that situation would you hand out the unfair redundancies oand toe the company line or would you stand up for what is right?

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Ipswich Town, Everton, Derby, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers & Leicester City have all won the league since Tottenham last did in 1961.. Aston Villa & Nottingham Forest have more European cups than Arsenal, Tottenham & Atheltico Madrid

But Spurs are in London, have a big stadium and Hawwy Kane. 

1 minute ago, Buggsteam said:

They moan now about the amount of games they have to play each season and traveling they have to do

I assume the their Super League will involve less games than the Champion League and certainly more lucrative with less travelling looking at the participants they would also be pushing to reduce the PL to 18 teams and abstain from the League Cup if they got their way. This their 1st step.

Mind you the UEFA revamped CL is not far off this.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Fines are not a great deterrent, points deductions and expulsion would hit them hard. There is no time for leniency 

agreed but do you think the premier league would really gift us the title? would love that. with that being said, i think its more likely that theyll be banned from the champions league and europa legue for a year

42 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Shalke joining, despite being bottom of the Bundesliga. 

Der Postillon is a joke account. They usually create funny stories that are meant to look realistic.

Satire is the word that best describes that.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

One of the things that is confusing me - on the BBC discussion board, several people seem to think this will be a good thing.  They say the "big 6" can go away, with their dirty oil money and referee bias - leaving the remaining teams to participate in a fairer more enjoyable Premier League.  What they don't seem to realise is that without the Big teams playing, the TV companies won't be interested in the Premier League.  And without TV money, the players won't get the wages they want, and will all be desperate to leave (and sit on the bench for Man City etc).  There won't be the money going down to the lower leagues, so teams who are already struggling after Covid will struggle even more.  

Also - does anyone understand the "5 teams that can apply each year to the super league"?  If there's no relegation, how can 5 new teams join every year?