Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Anything and anyone with any power to derail this and punish all involved should exercise their right immediately. 

Why haven't they been booted yet? **** em. **** every single one. They've already stated their intentions so throw down the punishments  

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

In that regards, yes. But inviting them in the first place would purely be a financial decision which would have insane repercussions on the Scottish leagues and everyone in it. 

I've posted in the old firm thread where I address this. Can't be bothered to write it out again. I'm not for Celtic and Rangers joining on their own for that exact reason. I was purely arguing that it's not the same as a super league. 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

New Champions League format confirmed.

What this was always about. And the sickening thing is now the conference league doesn’t sound too bad. That was always their intention.

Just now, peach0000 said:

I've posted in the old firm thread where I address this. Can't be bothered to write it out again. I'm not for Celtic and Rangers joining on their own for that exact reason. I was purely arguing that it's not the same as a super league. 

I agree that it's not the same in the aspects of which you've stated but it is the same in terms of it being a purely financially motivated decision. 

The FA wouldn't be adding the old firm for competition, they would be adding them for the global appeal which is essentially what this super league is. 

I bet a lot of these fixtures will be played abroad. Man U v Real in New York one year, Tokyo the next etc. They don't need to worry about upsetting the fans, it's the brand they're selling. 

• Like 3

Just now, Webbo said:

I bet a lot of these fixtures will be played abroad. Man U v Real in New York one year, Tokyo the next etc. They don't need to worry about upsetting the fans, it's the brand they're selling. 

Just like the NFL....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

New Champions League format confirmed.

Are they trying to get this through while everyone is distracted? As this is still a shit idea, not as bad as the Super League, but still shit.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

I just can't see how this would happen.  I bet the yanks would want to wedge an american based team in there somehow.

Exactly this, the 5 invites will go out to teams from Markets they are trying to exploit. Expect them to be from India, China and USA.

• Like 1

The only thing that stops this is a strike, players and club workers. Paralyse the clubs ability to compete and their value vanishes. ****, Man United are listed on the NYSE, watch their value implode. Unfortunately I can't see there being the political will in the PFA to make it happen. 30 years of anti-union and anti-strike legislation have seen to that.  

2 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Are they trying to get this through while everyone is distracted? As this is still a shit idea, not as bad as the Super League, but still shit.

I don't think so. These CL reforms have been in place for a while, and the ESL is a consequence of it as those clubs aren't happy with the reforms. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't think so. These CL reforms have been in place for a while, and the ESL is a consequence of it as those clubs aren't happy with the reforms. 

In my opinion the clubs involved had no interest in negotiating the reforms, this was always planned - Agnelli described the reforms as ‘beautiful’ and ‘perfect’ then proceeds to lead the charge to ruin football as we know it