Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Spurs is interesting. Because they have already spent the initial money they were given to sack mouriniho, supposedly couldnt afford it before. 

They might not pull out and hope it gets cancelled because they arent giving a penny back lol

I feel like this has all fallen apart too quickly for any real change to come from it. The fans of the clubs will be far more forgiving now they've crumbled after 2 days.

Credit to all the supporters etc who appear to have made this happen anyway. 

• Like 1

I have two thoughts (assuming this dissolution of the ESL continues):

1.  Glad to see the dissolution happen.

2.  What an incredible lack of courage by the founders of the ESL!  I vehemently disagree with the concept of the ESL, but my god -- in less than 48 hours the founders give up and run away?  Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I would ban them all from European competition next season. I'd also give them a two year transfer embargo, and fine them at least £100m each, but that money will be fed down to the lower league clubs.

Possibly a points deduction too.

All of it!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Spurs is interesting. Because they have already spent the initial money they were given to sack mouriniho, supposedly couldnt afford it before. 

They might not pull out and hope it gets cancelled because they arent giving a penny back lol

I dont think Spurs will withdraw even if everyone else does. I think it's been Levy's plan all along. To be the only team left, a one horse race, finally some silverware by default. Although my money would still be on them bottling it.

• Like 1

How long ago were the "big picture" proposals, 7-8 months? 

To have these two maneuvers within a year shows this issue of those clubs making repeated power grabs will just come and go. I hope this emboldens the other clubs now that they've called their bluffs. As this breakaway league was a constant threat. 

I'll add what others have said, well done to all stakeholders on condemning this and getting this squashed nice and swiftly. There needs to be some repercussions for the clubs involved. Think one of the comments from the earlier premier league meeting was that those directly responsible were basically ostracised from future meetings. Hope that can be formalised as a start. 

Guest bss9401

If a player or manager do or say something that is contrary to the establishment that makes up the governing body, they get a fine and usually a ban. This is also the case if an empoyee or club do something that brings the game into disrepute.

Regardless of the outcome of the proposal this is a breach of such a magnitude that there has to be serious action taken.

Unfortunately the FA, UEFA and FIFA will no doubt sit back and wait for the dust to settle before deciding on action, current or retrospective. 

The Clubs involved should be immediately suspended from all competitions until their intentions are confirmed. All revenues should also be suspended and the government should be willing to impose these.