Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

9 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Just been on their forum but of course it’s in French.  Can anybody translate anything of note?

https://www.allezlelosc.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=106817&start=195

Soumaré is unavoidable whatever some say, he is only 22 years old and his room for improvement is still enormous, this has not escaped some top names, it is a shame not to be able to hold him longer, I I would much prefer to see Sanchès leave than Soumaré.

a player who has his detractors (unfairly in my opinion) and who is certainly not as spectacular as Renato or accomplished as André but I really like what he's been doing for the past few weeks, he fully deserves his place as a starter, and he's a prototype of a modern medium very fashionable in England ... powerful, bulky and technically clean. I can easily understand that Galtier tactically prefers it to a Renato on alternating current plus i always found him to be an endearing personality.

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

a lot of players will swap getting thrashed away at bayern in the champions league for £40k extra a week 

You get an extra 40k a week but get thrashed by Newcastle rather than Bayern... hmm 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

You get an extra 40k a week but get thrashed by Newcastle rather than Bayern... hmm 

But your on £40k extra without champions league football. So what’s your point? Can get thrashed by tranmere, no one cares when money’s involved. Happily miss champions league football for £40k extra 

17 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

16 hours ago, Rigga said:

Cost ?

This is great but I wonder if it's going to be similar to the Fofana saga and we'll be held on the price for ages despite player obviously wanting to leave/come.

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This is great but I wonder if it's going to be similar to the Fofana saga and we'll be held on the price for ages despite player obviously wanting to leave/come.

I mean, if you were Lille wouldn't you do exactly that? We showed with Fofana that we'll just keep upping our bid until they get the price they want. We were totally committed to our target who was of a similar profile. They've gotta be thinking kaching.

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No problem with that. We do it to anybody buying our better players.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, if you were Lille wouldn't you do exactly that? We showed with Fofana that we'll just keep upping our bid until they get the price they want. We were totally committed to our target who was of a similar profile. They've gotta be thinking kaching.

In less than 9 months Soumare is worth zip to Lille, if Soumare is adamant he's moving then they sell this summer or a reduced fee in January. It's brinkmanship that financially threatened Lille can't afford to overplay their hand.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

Basically being told to wait and see if we get Champions League then

As reported by Foot Mercato and Fabrizio Romano, Premier League side Leicester City are attempting to accelerate negotiations to sign 22-year-old midfielder Boubakary Soumaré from Ligue 1 leaders Lille.

The player is on the verge of reaching a provisional contract agreement, but has yet to commit to the Foxes as a destination – advised by his entourage, the player intends to wait well past the end of the current campaign in order to assess all potential interest in him before completing a move to Leicester, which is very much on, even though the Premier League side have yet to agree a fee with Lille.

Brendan Rodgers’ outfit are on the other hand hard-pressed to get a deal closed as quickly as possible, conscious of the fact that the longer into the summer window that negotiations run for, the more competition they are likely to face.

Wolves, Everton and Aston Villa have also enquired for the player, and AC Milan remain attentive, having now made two failed attempts in consecutive windows to sign the player over the last 12 months.

Under contract with LOSC until June 2022, Soumaré’s departure is likely a formality.

Edited by moore_94

I would assume that, if this is really happening and not just media crap , then Rodgers is looking to play a back four and two defensive midfielders like Klopp does with Fabinho and Henderson.. Tielmans sits in front providing the passes and three attackers in front of him . Vardy , Iheanacho and Edouard perhaps. Full backs have cover so can attack like TAA and Robertson. We are not going to buy him to score goals that is for sure. Maddison is looking like a bench option in that set up.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I would assume that, if this is really happening and not just media crap , then Rodgers is looking to play a back four and two defensive midfielders like Klopp does with Fabinho and Henderson.. Tielmans sits in front providing the passes and three attackers in front of him . Vardy , Iheanacho and Edouard perhaps. Full backs have cover so can attack like TAA and Robertson. We are not going to buy him to score goals that is for sure. Maddison is looking like a bench option in that set up.

YT or madders 

Youri will have to play less next season.....and if you’re proposing playing two CDM’s then it had better work more than wilf and papy does !