Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Home Match Thread

I think some of you need to have a little drink, maybe knock one out or something and calm down.

This is far from over, some basic skill errors costing us big time, but we’ve created some decent chances ourselves.

I’m on the optimistic bus, we win this 3-2!!

Back our boys on blue!

• Like 3

Where do you start with that? We can't break their defence down; no high press on their keeper, but they do that to us; too slow; passing not accurate; passes putting our own players under pressure; so many poor game play decisions; look knackered; they're quicker to the ball; they're quicker in the tackle.........and so on.

Can't see us winning another game this season.

• Like 2

I know we’ve not been great. 

Calling for Rodgers to be sacked / go to Spurs, the sale of half the squad and extreme substitutions might be a bit of an overreaction?  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm fascinated what the game plan was here, absolutely no movement yet again in midfield and attack. 

That’s the difficulty in playing with wingbacks and a defined number 10 in the pocket rather than a joined midfield three.

Doing this means the players that can only really move from their positions are the wing backs and the front two.

If anyone else breaks their shape, you’re suddenly very vulnerable in transition (which we’ve seen).

The other difficulty is Albrighton’s first instinct is to look inside (no pass ahead / right foot preference), meaning we’re playing directly into Newcastle’s packed midfield / low block.

I don’t blame the players here - the setup is wrong to get the best out of them.

It’ll be interesting to see what Rodgers does from here.

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Evans not being able to play has ****ed us, basically. He's the calming influence.

A back 3 of Soyuncu, Fofana and Castagne just doesn't have any leadership - they're all good players (performance tonight aside), but Evans pulls the strings. I don't see them talking to each other, whereas you always see Jonny talking.

We need to switch to a back 4. We don't have the personnel to play 3 tonight.

Hopefully Kasper and Evans talking at HT, and Kasper does some shouting 2nd half.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agenda alert. So losing your senior defender 5 minutes before kick off had no effect? Give it a rest you muppet,

Oi oiii! Dont worry I know you'll be leading the charge post match :wub:

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

- how do you actually manage to love this club and NOT be upset right now? 

You’re missing the point…

it’s a sense of perspective…. I’m going to watching the second half willing for something to happen and ‘virtually’ cheering us on…

Am I delirious that it’s been a sh@t show?  No…. Do I want to remain optimistic?  Hell yeah

and I’m a bigger fan than you :P

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It's one forced change. 

We can argue all day long about what tactics we should play, formations, systems, styles of football, 353 vs 442vs 4241 etc. 

This has got absolutely nothing to do with that. 

We're losing this game because the players are terrified and lack composure in a pressure match. It's the same reason we bottled it last year and that's just gone and heaped it on again. 

We've not looked right since kick off. 

Individual mistakes all over the pitch,all half,I’ve lost count of the amount of passes we’ve given away.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

I think some of you need to have a little drink, maybe knock one out or something and calm down.

This is far from over, some basic skill errors costing us big time, but we’ve created some decent chances ourselves.

I’m on the optimistic bus, we win this 3-2!!

Back our boys on blue!

Exactly, it’s not like we’ve had chances.

Nothing coming from the wing backs when that happens I'm calling it a back five not a three. And I know you have to buy a ticket to win the raffle but if Madison has one more pass-back style shot curled straight at the keeper when he has options on I'll lose the plot

• Like 1