Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Home Match Thread

Feels like we're playing with 9 men. Maddison is non-existent and Soyuncu is all over the place at the back. Lucky to be 2 down at half time. 

What on earth is BR thinking with this line up?!? Albrighton should never be at left wing back. Missing Castagne's forward play. 

We look really flat and lacking any sort of energy in the middle of the park. Truly is the worst performance of the season so far and very reminiscent of Bournemouth away 2nd half last season. Only weird thing is that I actually don't think we're out of this game yet. Newcastle look woeful so if we can come out with the right attitude second half I could easily see us putting 4 past these. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 18to18 said:

How do you propose the ball advances to the box in the first place?

Ha, yes because we need 8 players outside the opponent's box to get a ball in the box. We're attacking the pace of a ****ing tortoise, there is enough time for additional players to make runs into the box to support attacks. Theyre all shitting themselves so it isnt happening.

• Like 1

Well we are not coming back from this playing like that.

Bottled the top four again after Rodgers gave the speech that their mental strength was so much better this year and they have learnt a lot from last years collapse. 

Not one player has put a shift in today and can’t even do the basics right. 

top four has gone and if we play like this against Chelsea then the cup dream has gone to. 

total embarrassment. 

Newcastle want it more. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

I’d genuinely don’t get why nobody questions Rodgers mentality. Bottle last season and we’re doing the same this. What will the excuse be this time ...

Yet again we're batting well above our stance. It's an exhausting process... Top 5 finishes are huge achievements for us, it's an achievement well above our players actual ability on paper. 

We'll stay in the top 4 this year, I have no doubt about it. But if we don't, it will still be steady progress on last year, as teams around are far better this year than last! 

Find perspective and keep perspective throughout. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

Remember when Claudio would make double subs at half time in the 15/16 season when we were 2-0 down quite often. Stoke & Southampton away being good examples. Brendan rarely makes half time subs, its very frustrating.

Really need to make some changes ASAP.

He makes pointless subs on 80 minutes when the games gone. ****ing willypuller. Honestly if I hear any of his 'we were unlucky, I feel for the boys' shit after this then my TV goes through the ****ing window along with his face. 

Just now, shen said:

We proved against Palace that we don't crumble and we came back against Soton despite the suckerpunch. As frustrating and infuriating as that half was, we can definitely put these to bed.

By putting these to bed I can only assume you mean the majority of the Leicester team who are playing like they are half a kip

• Haha 1

We’ve been shit but I think BR needs to take a massive chunk of the blame also with the team he’s put out there.

We have hardly any width and the persons out wide is a guy coming back from a serious injury who had lost a lot of his pace and the other has lost his pace a while ago. Players are struggling to pick each other out because Newcastle so compact.

awful team selection