Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Home Match Thread

Just now, jim5000 said:

I think they have genuinely just run out of steam. It’s been a very compressed season, we had Europe, went far in the league cup and have got to the final in the fa cup. Huge amount of matches without the squad depth to cope. We literally have no first team player available to play on the left and haven’t for about half a season.

Its just all catching up with the players and you can see it in the performance drop off over the past month. Run out of steam.

OK brendan that's the excuse

1 minute ago, SydenhamFox said:

Don’t be ridiculous. We NEED to do it this season. The next five years or more depend on it. If we fail this year we won’t attract the next level players and we fall away. That is what is riding on this second half. 

That's exactly what I mean. Other than the financial benefits, the actual thought of playing in the Champions League is just disturbing rather than exciting.

Edited by 21st Century Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Shocking. 
As well as we can play when we’re up against it we crumble. 
Wilson is having a field day. 
Be amazed if we get anything out this. 
Please don’t bring Perez on. Exactly the same as Maddison. Get Under on. 

We proved against Palace that we don't crumble and we came back against Soton despite the suckerpunch. As frustrating and infuriating as that half was, we can definitely put these to bed.

1 minute ago, foxfan92 said:

Only thing more embarrassing than the performance is some of the comments on here.

We've played very poorly, but we've had chances. We get the next goal early in the second half and we're right back in it.

We do need to sort out some of the very basic errors before we start the second half though.

We’ve been awful mate. People are bound to be pissed off with that

• Like 1

So I’m still yet to hear a positive argument, rhyme or reason for PlAyInG oUt FrOm ThE bAcK or PoSsEsIoN bAsEd FoOtBalL and ItS tHe WaY fOoTbAlL sHoUlD bE pLaYed! :yawn: 

What I don’t get, what blows my mind more than anything given our last 1 and a half games is Rodgers was going mad during the first half against West Brom, why? We playing so good stuff, forward, fast, attacking, yes it was only West Brom but we playing some good stuff regardless of the opposition, there was nothing to be frustrated about, yet the last game and this 45 minutes have been disgusting and he seems fine with it - I’d like to think he’s not and he’s ripping shred out of them right now aswell as taking a look at his own style but I don’t get why he was going mad about the West Brom 1st half.

Sort this ****ing shite out! ****ing go forward and ****ing attack instead of this pointless possession for possession sake bullshit that only leads to mistakes.

EDIT - I'm not just complaing about possession football or sideways football for effect, I'm genuinely waiting for a decent reason for it, I've still not heard one.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

He's just a massive tart, I think even if he scores in the cup final I'll struggle to find him likeable.

When did our downturn in form start..? When Maddison got back in the team, basically. Get him off, get Perez on to play behind Vardy and Nacho, Wilf, Tielemans, Albrighton across and 4 at the ****ing back. 

• Like 1

We weren't playing this system at the beginning of the season, exactly when we had a fit full squad. We need to play how we used to play. Back 4, fast up the sides and slick transitioning through the middle.

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

The likes of Bayern would skin us alive in the UCL

To be fair when we play like this any side could beat us. We’re handing it to them.

Genuinely never seen N’Didi have such a poor game. Cags seems spooked by Wilson, but the entire defence is poor. The midfield trying to force it and just losing the 50/50s across the entire pitch. 

2-0 flatters us really. It could and should be at least 4-0.

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Biggest half of Brendan’s tenure at the club is coming up. Has he got what it takes to get these players to turn this around?

Not unless he can put some boots on and organise the defence himself.

If Evans is out until after the FA Cup final our season is over. 

Absolutely useless. This is the business end of the season, we’re devoid of ideas, still Fvckin about with it at the back, have we had a shot?. Bet Chelsea are pissing themselves laughing in anticipation of the cup final.