Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Home Match Thread

We never come out all guns blazing, there's a definite mentality problem in this team. After what happened last season they should of been coming out fired up in these last 10 games.

• Like 2

Our mentality has looked decent this season but christ, what the he’ll was that? Even Ndidi looks totally lost.

We have to change shape at HT. Literally nothing about it is working right now.

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Above our stance? We’ve held top 4 for two seasons consistently until it counts. We are not a pathetic little team anymore, we have a right to demand results from these players, most of which are of UCL standard. Most of our first 11 could play for a “big” team.

There are no excuses, you speak of perspective? We’ve been the 3rd or 4th best team for how long as a percentage over two years? Majority (guess but can’t be arsed to do the math) of time, if we don’t have UCL to show for that then heads must roll, not necessarily Brendan either. 

Nothing but stone cold facts here. We aren’t little League One Leicester anymore.

• Like 1

This is the performance of a team shrinking at the enormity of what is at stake. Panic, nerves, lack of composure - every player is stricken.

I am in shock how terrible this performance has been. How can Newcastle want it more??

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Ruined my takeaway you ****ing ***** 

Haha! I feel your pain. I was gonna treat myself to a drive through maccies at half time but now I'm too angry to eat. 😆

• Haha 1

Just now, Cameron Davidson said:

This isn't meant to be a piss take, but when was the last time Maddison had a good game? I genuinely cannot remember. 

Perez deserves to be playing ahead of him. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

We’ve been shit but I think BR needs to take a massive chunk of the blame also with the team he’s put out there.

We have hardly any width and the persons out wide is a guy coming back from a serious injury who had lost a lot of his pace and the other has lost his pace a while ago. Players are struggling to pick each other out because Newcastle so compact.

awful team selection

It's one forced change. 

We can argue all day long about what tactics we should play, formations, systems, styles of football, 353 vs 442vs 4241 etc. 

This has got absolutely nothing to do with that. 

We're losing this game because the players are terrified and lack composure in a pressure match. It's the same reason we bottled it last year and that's just gone and heaped it on again. 

We've not looked right since kick off. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Since Brendan went mad at half time v West Brom we've been shocking. We were fortunate v Palace, couldn't beat 10 men and now 2-0 down to Newcastle. He needs to take the handbrake off and let the players take some risks. It's all so safe. And as Souness just said, there is zero urgency. Not seen Newcastle control a game like this all season.

Exactly.

I often joked about this when Puel was in charge but it's almost like the 1st half of the West Brom game was too positive or exciting for him, the 2nd half of that game wasn't great - I let that off as the game was already won, why do more, but as you say since the 1st half of that game we've been dogshite, yet he seems to stand there are lap it up.

Edited by Matt

Newcastle do deserve credit to be fair. They smelt blood from the first minute, and they went for it. They’re pressing has been great and if they had better players, they would already be out of sight. We’re a ****ing joke. Bunch of twats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Evans not being able to play has ****ed us, basically. He's the calming influence.

A back 3 of Soyuncu, Fofana and Castagne just doesn't have any leadership - they're all good players (performance tonight aside), but Evans pulls the strings. I don't see them talking to each other, whereas you always see Jonny talking.

We need to switch to a back 4. We don't have the personnel to play 3 tonight.

• Like 1