Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

Just now, lgfualol said:

Rubbish team selection and absolute embarrassing performance. Not even upset to be called bottle jobs, seems like we are doing it again.

A performance like that next weekend and we'll be setting a record for biggest fa cup final loss.

Again.. we have another game before that against man u, which is a massive game if we want top 4

Last season we seemed to have an inferiority complex, struggling to play against the big teams, this season we seem to have a superiority complex that makes us think we don’t have to turn up to beat the lower teams... don’t know which is more frustrating

• Like 2

Just now, sishades said:

This is all down to BR, five at the back DOES  NOT FECKING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Changes had to be made immediately on going 2 down. Perez must now play and Madders can jog on. Menfy was positive and Thomas provided some width. The last ten minutes shows that if the changes had come earlier then we could have gotten something from the game. Utter dog shite.

It does work. Just doesn't without Evans. Changes should have been made earlier in the game when 2 down though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Thats it, the wife is getting no sex tonight from me (or anyone/anything else)! Balls can regenerate..at this rate she wont be getting anything for a long time!

Forward planning on my behalf saw me ravish my wife BEFORE the game. 

With this play champions league can be forgotten.

Vardy when you will start scoring ? Probably we need new "vardy" because existing is old guy.

Sangu and Castan are too weak for Leicester.

Amazing the sudden difference in the last 10 when Mendy won a couple of 50/50s. 

Usually I hate the ‘they wanted it more’ narrative because it’s lazy and more often than not, not true. I’ve no other words for that though. Just were second best in and at absolutely everything. They even passed the ball better than us.

Guest bss9401

I think Top's told them pre match that there's no bonus for an FA Cup win or Champions league, that the training complex is being sold and there's going to be no Stadium expansion.

Easy to say in hindsight but we should have gone 4atb after Evans was ruled out. Soyuncu and Fofana need less marshalling in that formation. Instead Soyuncu puts in one of the worst individual performances I've seen in my time watching us, and it's not the first time he looks absolutely lost on the left of a back 3.

The lack of tempo and intensity was hard to understand given what was at stake such that you're left questioning the mentality. I hate using the word bottlers, but that was a performance from players and manager which was pretty much a dictionary definition of it. If they're thinking of the cup final that's even worse, this was the most important game of the season and to throw in a showing like that was a gut punch.

• Like 1

An old friend of mine is a Hereford fan. We watched the match in League 1. Neither of us could believe we were playing the other in the League. They have gone busy since then and reformed. We have moved onwards and upwards. I like to think of that match after results like this. Just to put things into perspective...however, it isn’t working today. That was pure crap. 

Absolute minging performance. 

As good as Söyüncü and Fofana are, they looked like a couple of school boys without evans alongside them. Fofana was rushing forwards and looked lost half the time and Söyüncü had an absolute shocker, his touch his passes all of it.

Ndidi and Maddison another 2 with shockers. The amount of unforced errors from us was grim to watch.

Very worrying the similarities between Söyüncü in particular and the squad mentality in general to this time last year. Heads gone.

• Like 2

Do we all believe leicester are better than they actually are. The first half performance would have seen us behind to a championship side. I don't understand how they scored 4 on the break. Thought we may have adapted after first two

Brendan got it wrong after Jonny could not start, but as mentioned on the coverage, changing the formation so close to the game was always unlikely, but fvck me, that was dreadful. Maddison? All those saying he is great, he was, now he is a bit cack, and we looked far better with Ayoze on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Thats it, the wife is getting no sex tonight from me (or anyone/anything else)! Balls can regenerate..at this rate she wont be getting anything for a long time!

At least your wife's had a result tonight then.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Haha come on! You had a bang on the head or something?? 

Nah! I'd rather be in league one than be called a bottler. Can't look at my phone without some reference to Spurs popping up.