Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

Defies belief really.  Speechless.

We have more points on the board but we are big underdogs now.

A reminder that a couple of weeks ago we were 8 points clear with 15 to play for and matches against Southampton and Newcastle coming up next.  Now we look like favourites to drop out, maybe on the last day, AGAIN.

I might be in a minority but I would like to see the back of many if that were to happen again.  Couldn't give a toss if it drops us down the table.  5th means nothing.  Europa League is a waste of time and resources. 

I want to see a team that actually gives a shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

Like I said in the match thread. First time I've ever been embarrassed to call myself a Leicester fan and I had a championship relegation season ticket.

Haha come on! You had a bang on the head or something?? 

Rubbish team selection and absolute embarrassing performance. Not even upset to be called bottle jobs, seems like we are doing it again.

A performance like that next weekend and we'll be setting a record for biggest fa cup final loss.

3 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I’ve been saying for a while now that fans should not expect players to share the same heart as we do for our club. We saw that tonight. All of us would have played selflessly and put our bodies on the line and risked not playing at Wembley to put a crucial three points on the board tonight. What we saw instead was a bunch of employees in our colours looking not to put too much in just in case they might miss out next week. There were no guts tonight. In the Nigel Pearson side that just escaped relegation we never saw such a meek capitulation as this. 

Rodgers is also to blame. The formation was wrong and WHAT was he thinking taking N’didi off instead of Maddison, who’s looked depressed since our fans got on his back for partying before another crucial game for us during lockdown. I think he needs to feel loved and didn’t like it up him. Yes, I am angry! What we put in tonight was an embarrassment. 

Thing is we have another game before the final against man u so looking forward to that 🙄

Guest ttfn
Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Disgusting performance and we're now probably going to blow it all again.

There is a mentality problem and not one of you will convince me otherwise.

Of course there is.

The usual emotionless robots will tell us there isn’t but of course there is.

Best case scenario for the last few weeks has been that we grind out a grim win or point. Same as last season.

Angriest I’ve been during a game in ages . Made Newcastle! Look like world beaters , absolute bottle job since Southampton went down to ten men last game. Starting to think about relying on other teams now after it looked so rosy 

This is all down to BR, five at the back DOES  NOT FECKING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Changes had to be made immediately on going 2 down. Perez must now play and Madders can jog on. Menfy was positive and Thomas provided some width. The last ten minutes shows that if the changes had come earlier then we could have gotten something from the game. Utter dog shite.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Anyone else just have so many emotions right now that they can’t come up with a coherent response to that? 

Me too. Just so so frustrating. We actually started fine for 7 minutes or so. Then Caglar went mad, and that spread to the whole team, who fell apart, hopelessly and completely. 

From the elation of getting a cup final ticket at 1pm to misery by 9pm

Atrocious defending cost us, we made more than enough chances to win any game, but you can't defend like that. Problem is some of the players, Ricardo seems done for the season but hopefully not his career, Nacho is playing badly if still scoring, Maddison isn't on it, Wilf and Tielemans look tired, Vardy can't score. But it ain't over just yet, however it looks.