Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Matheus Pereira

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Interestingly it also mentions that another Prem team were interested as they were fans of his attacking abilities but had reservations regarding his defensive abilities and didn’t want to pay more than £15m for him

Wouldn’t surprise me if that was the position we have took as well

The more I've read up on him the more I can see our priorities lying elsewhere. I think we'd want a more genuine winger than anything else although beginning to think Rodgers is pretty happy with the squad.

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Interestingly it also mentions that another Prem team were interested as they were fans of his attacking abilities but had reservations regarding his defensive abilities and didn’t want to pay more than £15m for him

It's just a personal opinion, but that's why I don't think Brendan will be in for him - especially not for any decent money. 

The defensive side of the game appeared to be BR's problem with Under as well and, ultimately, that's why he was rarely used. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pereira doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities to be fair.

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

It's just a personal opinion, but that's why I don't think Brendan will be in for him - especially not for any decent money. 

The defensive side of the game appeared to be BR's problem with Under as well and, ultimately, that's why he was rarely used. 

Probably the reason he is such a fan of Albrighton, wingers who defend well are rare though. As long as they can track back and get in the way is about the best you can hope for.

I have to question Pereira and his agent now he is being held to ransom. 
He signed for a newly promoted team that were absolutely guaranteed to struggle and the fact they didn’t negotiate and relegation clause is baffling  ha ha 

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

I have to question Pereira and his agent now he is being held to ransom. 
He signed for a newly promoted team that were absolutely guaranteed to struggle and the fact they didn’t negotiate and relegation clause is baffling  ha ha 

Probably Harry Kane’s brother is his agent?

https://www.footballcritic.com/premier-league/season-2020-2021/player-stats/attacking-midfielders/disruption/2/41756

Whilst he presses and defends so well from the front I don’t get how an attacking players defensive abilities can be called out 

does anyone know how to post screen shots through an iPhone on here? Always says file would exceed total allowed size!

Edited by dbtcity

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

Not sure where the Mahrez comment came from tbh. I just think there’s better value for money out there than this. Edouard and Daka were the same price yet we all think that Daka is going to be twice the player. 

A loan with option to buy would be decent business, but I’d much rather we sign a Faivre or Madueke. Someone that’s a bit more exciting and is a little better then just “solid” or “fine”.

you mentioned he’s not a big upgrade  on whet we already have…. Well we have ghezzal and Perez  who play on the right wing and Albrighton.

he’s a massive upgrade on those.

• Like 1

Puzzling that we’ve not made an offer. There’s no suggestion we’ve made an offer for Madueke either. And the links to Berardi aren’t convincing either. 

Yet I remain confident that we’ll sign someone to play on/from the right in a 4231/433. I guess that means it’s going to be late on in the window, after Ghezzal and one or two others have moved on & there’s more value to be had in the market?

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Puzzling that we’ve not made an offer. There’s no suggestion we’ve made an offer for Madueke either. And the links to Berardi aren’t convincing either. 

Yet I remain confident that we’ll sign someone to play on/from the right in a 4231/433. I guess that means it’s going to be late on in the window, after Ghezzal and one or two others have moved on & there’s more value to be had in the market?

At this point we don’t have the squad space for any more players

For a new centre back and a new right winger players like Amartey, Benkovic, Praet, Ghezzal all need to be shifted first otherwise we could risk being stuck with them and not being able to use them

• Like 4

I think if we were in for him, we would have heard far stronger whispers than we currently are. He's possibly an option on loan with a future fee on deadline day if he hasn't moved by then? A little similar to the deal West Ham did for Benrahma last season.

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

At this point we don’t have the squad space for any more players

For a new centre back and a new right winger players like Amartey, Benkovic, Praet, Ghezzal all need to be shifted first otherwise we could risk being stuck with them and not being able to use them

Bit harsh to stick him with Amartey & Ghezzal, he is a good squad player at the very least.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MPH said:

you mentioned he’s not a big upgrade  on whet we already have…. Well we have ghezzal and Perez  who play on the right wing and Albrighton.

he’s a massive upgrade on those.

I don’t this he’s a massive upgrade on them tbh, he’s definitely better but he’d still be the worst player in the 11.

39 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Bit harsh to stick him with Amartey & Ghezzal, he is a good squad player at the very least.

But also the only one outside Rodgers' circle that has decent value on the market.

35 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I hate comparisons but that is highly debatable.

Fair enough, personally don’t think he’s better than anyone bar perez who would feature in any of our best 11 sides.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...had he not posted his comments, what would your impression be, of him!!!

It is not unheard of for a player to insists that if a bid above a certain amount is made, for his services, then he will be informed.   

If that situation had been met then he is perfectly entitled to speak to his manager about the approach.

His response was to correct a slur on his integrity, it should never have got to this stage, but to berate him for standing up for himself is just wrong.

He hasn't written his statement from an airport, .....now that was crass!!

Our club goes for model pros? We don't tend to go for players that are cast off to one side and not playing when they fit. It's either the manager/owner/player, but mostly all of them to get into a position where its at. Up until his Instagram post he'd been on the sidelines anyway. No smoke without fire. 

I can see your point on what you've said. But does that give him a mature reason to go to social media himself? I think not...

13 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

I do not particularly want him here (but purely on football grounds) for the fee WBA would want.  

Nonetheless, reasonably certain he's referring to personal terms offered to HIM. We pretty much had the same situation with Fofana before even coming close to St. Etienne accepting our bid. Furthermore, he did not actually post "job offers" nor any details thereof (certainly did not mention names, unlike Fofana with us). He merely described the impact it would have on his and his family's life - pretty much as Fofana did in respect of our offer. 

Regardless of what I think of him as a footballer (and I certainly do not think he would be worth as much to us as WBA reportedly appear to want), these lads have a relatively short career lifespan, and even that could come to an abrupt end at any time via injury. Sorry, but cannot begrudge him. He has a right to not only DEFEND his reputation, but to look out for his livelihood.

I can agree with this. Fofana was far more intricate and clever in the way he interacted with city fans on twitter and Instagram and following the club etc. Pereira wasn't my first choice to be honest, but right now anyone has to be an upgrade on perez in that position, plus he's a direct player.

• Like 1