Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

England v Croatia match thread

Just now, Phube said:

It’s the continual & unnecessary England theme of playing players out of position and out of form players and players just there because they happened to have been in the squad before. And it’s happened year after year for 20 odd years… 

And it’s finally worn me down! :nono:

So the starting back 4 had 3 title winners from last season in and our 3rd choice centre back who had a good game. 

The two DM’s picked themselves, one of them was man of the match. The 3 behind the forward, two of them have won a league title where one of them won an individual award. The other has won the champions league. The centre forward has won the golden boot and top assist award this season. Not bad for out of form! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KFS said:

Boring ‘eck but an important win

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

Dreadful game but a win is a win

32 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Well it's a win and that's all that matters really but a hugely unconvincing win.

32 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Wins a win but dull as dishwater 

29 minutes ago, Crashtoasted said:

Absolutely stunk the place out but we got the result so can’t complain.

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A wins a win. But We scored one goal against a very poor Croatian side on the day 

20 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

we’re good, but obviously we can get a lot better.

The average FT poster can and will argue with anybody.

But an elite FT poster can even argue with himself.

Impressive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

That was just the hors d'oeuvre.

Now bring on the main course of Austria v North Macedonia.

:scarf:

I drew North Macedonia in the work sweepstake. Feeling confident. We don't even need South Macedonia.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Impressive.

Happy with my position among the elite.

ADMIN - can you add that title to my profile at all please?

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Fell asleep around the 70 min mark. Christ, forgotten how easy England matches make me drift off.

Nice win though.

Portugal won the tournament with worse performances due to being strong at the back..  felt the gameplan was spot on today and we stopped croatia from playing 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

41 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Impressive.

Finally getting the recognition I deserve. Can’t believe I’m among some of these names. I have arrived.

Foden and Philips were awesome! We looked throttled back in a good way. The energy sap was down to the heat which is understandable. I'm convinced that if England play high energy front foot footy we can go far. Have to take chose chances though when they come. Unlucky today with fodder hitting the bar. Sterling got a goal but he spooned one into the crowd too. anyway job done no time to dwell lets move onto Scotland and playing them off the park. They will battle thats for sure.

I’ve not been feeling to enthused about this tournament just yet but I thought that was a good performance. A bright start that could never be maintained in those conditions that settled into a comfortable probing game. Croatia never really threatened and the real threat seemed to be coming from us. kane was never in it and looked lost, looked as if he was struggling fitness wise, but I’ve often wondered about his validity as a big game player. Thought Philips was very good though, given a chance and he’s took it with both hands. As they said, build yourself into tournaments, an opening win is a good result. 

• Like 2