Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

You could see 5 minutes into his debut vs Wolves this was a disaster, Adama drifted past him 3 times like he wasn’t there. 

Unless the ball is at his feet he’s completely hopeless at everything a defender should be good at & even with the ball at his feet he’s cost us a goal this evening. Doesn’t win any headers, no pace, no positional awareness, weak as anything, he’s a joke & I know for a fact the rest of the team think he’s garbage too 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

He has no redeeming qualities and yet we spent £15m on him.

that’s money that could’ve been spent on giving Youri a bumper contract for example. Surely one of the worst bits of business this club has done. 

As poor a signing as he has been, it's also astonishing how much some of our own fans are lambasting him ceaselessly. It's particularly galling when Soyuncu has been arguably as poor all season, but gets just a fraction of the vitriol.

That said, it is baffling how poor this signing has been and one can only hope he and his teammates have the resolve to work through this.

Thought I had slipped into an alternative universe for a moment. I clicked on this thread and folk were saying really positive things about him, almost unanimously.

Then I realised, I had accidentally loaded the first pages.

Perhaps some of those who posted those comments might like to see if they can still edit them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, enmac said:

Why was Thomas marking Kane and not Vesty? 

Frankly I have more hope of Thomas winning a header against Kane than I do Vestergaard. The guy couldn’t win an aerial duel if it was only him competing for the ball.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Totally unsuited for how we want to play.

Don't hate the bloke, he's not who or what we need but would probably suit a more defensive side who sit deeper. Move him on in the summer.

....the thing is that, we know that!!!

So why are we putting him and ourselves in this situation where he is constantly being exposed. We have a situation at the moment where we either adopt our play to make him in the backline work for us, either we do that or we allow teams to play around him and we will have to have someone with pace always looking to cover him.

Edited by sacreblueits442

34 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think if we played a player hilariously out of position, e.g Vardy at centreback - I don’t think he’d serve up a much worse performance than that.

The very basics seem like too much for him. £15m, £70k pw until 2024 so he’s probably going to cost us £30m in total as I can’t see us selling him.

Disastrous. 

If he’s on £70k pw that’s just crazy, surely he was only on half that at Southampton.

Every game I think maybe this will be the one where we go... you know what, he was pretty solid. But he’s just the biggest donkey I’ve ever seen. 

What were we thinking! 

He’s getting close to a Ryan mcgiven level of bad 

Edited by Lambert09

Re Thomas on Kane at set pieces rather than Vestergaard, it's not just down to the heading ability, Kane is likely to make a dummy run, stop, turn then make a second run. Vestergaard changing direction at short notice would be like asking a cross channel ferry to weave through a zig zag then a figure of eight. I'd get him to lay on the goal line, at least 50% of the target would be blocked that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kierzz said:

Anyone know how longs left on his contract? Need to offload him or Soyuncu in the summer.

Would be better to get rid of Vestergaard but Soyuncu will be easier to sell.

Absolutely no chance Vestergaard leaves unless we pay him off. No club capable of offering even half his current wage would buy him. Thankfully I suspect the general football world still think that Soyuncu is a stylish defender as opposed to the rash and incompetent donkey he has become over the past year. Still possible we could con 30m out of someone for him which would be awesome considering how shit he currently looks.

Similar to alot of folk on here, I go into every game thinking "he has to have a good game sooner or later" but he never does. At this stage I've given up on getting a good game from him and would settle for him just not having a bad one. 

6 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Anyone know how longs left on his contract? Need to offload him or Soyuncu in the summer.

Would be better to get rid of Vestergaard but Soyuncu will be easier to sell.

He's here until end of season 2024 that's another two and a half years and some mentioned we are paying him 70 grand a week.

Nobody will buy him, we're stuck with him, he'll end up like Benkovic