Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

He is undoubtedly the slowest player that’s ever played at the KP for Leicester. The slowest player I remember at Filbert Street was an ancient Lawrie Madden that Pleat had on loan playing at the back but I think Vesty is slower than him. It was when he had a 5 yard start on Kane and got totally outpaced by the striker not exactly known for his pace that should’ve been the sign to hook him off the pitch. It wouldn’t be bad if he dominated aerially but he doesn’t do that. He tries hard but he’s just not fit for purpose for a team trying to compete at the higher end of the Premier League. 

I think Rodgers knows he doesn't fit in but as an experienced centre-back it's supposedly the safe option. Probably doesn't want a teenager in there getting torn apart instead.

It's not worked and need to cut our losses. 

• Like 2

I truly don't get it. No strength, Absolutely no pace whatsoever, no obvious organisational ability, no real aerial ability for his height, bog standard positional awareness... He must have had something about him to have played in a midtable PL team for multiple seasons and to be a regular for a reasonably decent international side. What am I missing???

We’ve had far worse but in this current squad in correlation to the rest of the squad he’s one of the worst we’ve had!! The odd good block and a decent pass completion percentage is not what I expect from our centre half!

out paced by Harry Kane! Never seen him out pace someone!!!!!

11 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We not got anyone in the under 23's that we can play instead of him, I'm pretty sure anyone is better then him

Quite frustrating he's not given Ben Nelson a chance yet, but he evidently doesn't think he's even remotely ready. Nelson is considerably more talented as a defender than Lewis Brunt though, so not sure what's going on.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He is undoubtedly the slowest player that’s ever played at the KP for Leicester. The slowest player I remember at Filbert Street was an ancient Lawrie Madden that Pleat had on loan playing at the back but I think Vesty is slower than him. It was when he had a 5 yard start on Kane and got totally outpaced by the striker not exactly known for his pace that should’ve been the sign to hook him off the pitch. It wouldn’t be bad if he dominated aerially but he doesn’t do that. He tries hard but he’s just not fit for purpose for a team trying to compete at the higher end of the Premier League. 

Add Nicky Platnaeur, up there with the slowest until this season. Vestergaard has overtaken them all (well not overtaking anyone) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite frustrating he's not given Ben Nelson a chance yet, but he evidently doesn't think he's even remotely ready. Nelson is considerably more talented as a defender than Lewis Brunt though, so not sure what's going on.

At 17 it very young for a player anywhere on the pitch let alone a CB, he had a few run outs in pre-season and found it tough going.

I don't think he the answer to our short term problem, but could be a great long term option.

Lewis Brunt is 21 which probably explains why he is getting more of a look in then Nelson. 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Brunt was quite decent as well against Watford. Wouldn't mind seeing him come in for Vestergaard who just simply cannot do much right. At this point everyone is just waiting to jump on his back for any mistake he makes and I don't see a Kelechi comeback here I'm afraid.
I never thought Vestergaard was very good, but I also never thought he'd be this bad. Same with Bertrand.

10 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Astonishing to think he played on the left of a back three for Denmark in the Euro semis against England. I can’t remember him being hopeless then. Has he simply completely lost his self belief, as well as his pace?

Sterling had him on toast all game mate. Vestergaard had some good moments during that tournament, but he was singled out by every single opponent as the weak link in that defense - obviously not helped by the hyper offensive Mæhle next to him.