Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ademola Lookman

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

What does time for rivals to commit mean? Others interested and if they don’t follow up interest he will come to us? 

He has been close to joining Palace and Wolves. We may just be being used to push the deal over the line. 

• Like 1

After last night’s social media, I knew a new name would appear today - I won’t lie, was hoping for someone better than this. However, look at last year when we all thought we might get Coutinho and it turned out we were after AMN or Chalobah. Lookman to me is a good squad player but I thought we were seriously after a starting XI right winger who can create, score goals. This lad has hardly played any time recently. Confidence, form. Yes, a fresh start might do him good but is that where we’re at? 
I think we’ve been out priced for our real targets and now we’re scrambling for someone who is or less quality. I hope I’m wrong and we have something up our sleeve. I just think if it was a big name in anyway, we’d have got wind of something by now with the deadline tomorrow. 

Just a reminder that Nixon literally just said it was Noni before he signed a new contract and Bourne is as credible a source as Dr The Singh. 

They're just throwing names around to generate retweets. They have no idea who we're signing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If this is true then seems like Rodgers is committed to the 4-2-3-1 where he has a ‘defensive’ wide player on the right (Perez/Albrighton) and Barnes and Lookman competing for the left.

So in that sense it makes sense, but personally I was hoping for a more dynamic right winger allowing us to drop the number 10 role (Maddison) and go more 4-3-3

• Like 1

Probably worth noting that Lookman doesn’t fit the description of the pressing forward Rodgers gave recently when asked what type of player we were looking for. His numbers are average. 

He would be our 2nd choice LW and probably 3rd choice RW. So it seems a bit odd unless we are planning on getting 2 players in.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

The words Rodgers used wouldn't describe Lookman's stature in the game but then didn't he say something similar last January about an attacking midfielder of quality and it was one of the most defensive midfielders the country has ever seen in Nathaniel Chalobah that we were trying to get? 😂

Oh shit