The whole world smiles Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 99 percent of Human beings including me and you, want to be financially rewarded to the maximum for their skill, talent and hard work. Prove me wrong. 3
FerrisBueller Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 Everything you buy is funding a millionaires swimming pool, I presume you don’t get invested in any other aspect of life by that logic? 1 1
Viva Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 4 hours ago, twister said: prove me wrong Thats why I don't get very invested now, funding a millionaires swimming pool no thanks. Jealous? 1
MPH Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 6 hours ago, twister said: prove me wrong Thats why I don't get very invested now, funding a millionaires swimming pool no thanks. quite frankly, if that’s your logic, then I’m glad you don’t ‘invest’ as that will mean I have little chance of bumping into you.
Popular Post fleckneymike Posted 4 September 2021 Popular Post Posted 4 September 2021 (edited) 6 hours ago, twister said: prove me wrong Thats why I don't get very invested now, funding a millionaires swimming pool no thanks. I’m the same. I refuse to watch, read or listen to anything by someone successful in their chosen field. Hollywood films: no thanks. Popular music: not for me. Quality literature: I don’t think so. It’s disgusting how these people who have trained from an early age and seen off hundreds and thousands of others in order to be successful at an elite level then get paid for the privilege. Give me enthusiastic mediocrity every time. Edited 4 September 2021 by fleckneymike 3 3
Vardinio'sCat Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 I would say that taking the knee suggests otherwise. They aren't doing it for money, whatever your view of it. Next.
Phil Bowman Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 6 hours ago, twister said: prove me wrong Thats why I don't get very invested now, funding a millionaires swimming pool no thanks. Okay. It’s completely up to you how invested you want to be.
nnfox Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 Football is a weird one because it's a supremely difficult career to get into, there are so many talented individuals, you simply have to LOVE playing football above anything else and I would think that an extremely high percentage of professional footballers are so invested in the journey to being a professional and so in love with the sport, they would be happy to play for £1,000 per week. Once in though, it's only natural for players to maximise their financial reward and with so much money washing around the sport at elite level, I don't blame them. Good luck to them. I do get a bit irritated by the narrative that players desperately want to play in the Champions League and turn their nose up at a mid-tabled prem team but are happy to sit on the bench at United, City or Chelsea and not play much football at all. If they were so desperate to play Champions League they should go to Malmo or Sheriff Tiraspol. 1
FoxyLeon Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 So why is the current standard, the highest it has ever been? Players a fitter, healthier, can run further and technically better.... The top players, have always earnt more, that's just a fact.
lifted*fox Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 bonus if a player loves the game, but if he's putting goals in the net in the team i support and it's just a job, meh - i couldn't care much as long as the job is getting done. sometimes it's just graft to get paid, and fair play, that's ok.
SheppyFox Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 Vardy could have left us for a massive pay rise to a major club. I agree it’s most players, but not all
Fox92 Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 4 hours ago, An Sionnach said: Ryan Giggs could have played for anybody and probably earned a lot more but stayed with United all his career while Beckham chased the money. Kane should not have damaged his standing with the fans in my opinion. Medals are often sold on EBay 10 years down the line. Of course top players should get top pay and some clubs cannot do that so players will leave rather than undersell themselves. Kane is one of football's highest earners and in the end loyalty to the club that made him will be the thing that stays with him whether they win anything or not. We pay excellent salaries at LCFC these days and yes , we win things. None of our top players has much to grumble about. Beckham chased the money? He left to join the biggest club in the World, the chance to play with Ronaldo and Zidane as well as live in Spain. I don't think any footballer is gonna reject the chance of playing for Real Madrid or Barca.
sacreblueits442 Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 2 hours ago, Cecchini1976 said: Players come and go, some will be loved some won’t, but LCFC will always be around and to keep that is all that matters. Don’t care if we are champions league or non league, I will still go every week. and yes players do love money, just like 99.9% of the world, they have no loyalty to any club, just like people would leave their job to another company to do the same job on double the money .....not convinced about that...you will find the players are staunch supporters of individual clubs, they just do not usually play for them!!!
An Sionnach Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 1 minute ago, Fox92 said: Beckham chased the money? He left to join the biggest club in the World, the chance to play with Ronaldo and Zidane as well as live in Spain. I don't think any footballer is gonna reject the chance of playing for Real Madrid or Barca. Most, probably not, but I am pretty sure they would have loved Keane, Giggs and Rooney ,all better than Beckham , but they didn't go. Gerrard put Liverpool before the money as well.
norwichfox Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 The great majority of pro and semi pro footballers are not on fantastic wages. If they become good enough to get paid "elite" wages that's OK by me. What matters to me is that my club can keep giving their best, I don't really care how much the owners take out as long as there is sustainability. 1
Cecchini1976 Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said: .....not convinced about that...you will find the players are staunch supporters of individual clubs, they just do not usually play for them!!! When you play as a professional you don’t support a team as it’s about the individual progressing. So they may support a club, but will still kove for pounds and trophy’s
Fox92 Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said: Most, probably not, but I am pretty sure they would have loved Keane, Giggs and Rooney ,all better than Beckham , but they didn't go. Gerrard put Liverpool before the money as well. I'm not denying there were better players than Beckham, of course, but I think is his position it's difficult to reject Real Madrid. Players like Gerrard, Shearer, Le Tissier all very loyal to the clubs they love when they could have moved on. 1
fuchsntf Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 (edited) 2 hours ago, Pliskin said: I’ve had a couple of beers today myself. At the side of your Swimming pool , where you became a millionaire discovering Collecting Deposits on empties, Then slipping around the same Pubs backyard, nicking a couple of crates, and starting the Circle again.. Supply & demand,with a decent enterprise turnaround.... Edited 4 September 2021 by fuchsntf
Popular Post HighPeakFox Posted 4 September 2021 Popular Post Posted 4 September 2021 Modern day 'thinking' involves making enormous sweeping statements without nuance. Prove me wrong. 5
weller54 Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 10 hours ago, twister said: prove me wrong Thats why I don't get very invested now, funding a millionaires swimming pool no thanks. Perez deserves the tens of thousands he earns each week and nobody will convince me otherwise. 1
Mike Oxlong Posted 4 September 2021 Posted 4 September 2021 (edited) This thread proves why generalisations are generally wank You won’t convince me that the likes of Gerrard, Rooney and Gascogne wouldn’t have happily played for a few hundred quid a week Edited 4 September 2021 by Mike Oxlong
Recommended Posts