Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

Vestergaard is not a bad defender! He has been very solid over the years for Southampton and Denmark he just does not seem to click with our style of play for whatever reason. Someone will get a good defender on the cheap now!

Bertrand on the other hand must go?

6 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Probably the worst professional footballer I’ve ever seen.

Junior Lewis? He definitely is the weakest big player I've ever seen though. Gets knocked off the ball by players way smaller than him. He also isn't that good in the air which is strange for such a tall guy  

35 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Do you think if we had used in Rome, he would have made a difference with his height in defense 

He was pretty good against Man city last year.....that was about it.

He contributed a heroic last 10 mins against Rennes. 

Obvs the transfer has been a disaster for us and for him personally, but he played his part in a famous 'win' and I'd send him.my thanks for that

• Like 2

Terrible signing. I think what's the most concerning thing about the signing is that it should've been obvious before how bad a fit he is to play in our high line that we favour. It's one thing having weaknesses, but we literally play a game that exposes them.

For all I accepted he'd be slow though I was at least hoping for a tough defender with a decent pass. He's clumsy, not as good in the air as he should be, and he's not particularly strong either.

Just miles out of his depth. We'll do well to get a third of our money back.

• Like 2

I actually don't blame Vestergaard for his outcome.

Everyone in world football, apart from Leicester City Recruitment,  knew that he was dogsh1t.

The bloke was set up to fail. 

You buy 2 out of 4 defenders from a team that  was embarrassed on more than one occasion and you get the desired result.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, JimJams said:

Chelsea are gonna need defenders.

^_^

They will want 2 centre halves having lost Rudiger and Christenson. They will most likely be in for fofana, just hoping we can keep hold of him.

57 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

They will want 2 centre halves having lost Rudiger and Christenson. They will most likely be in for fofana, just hoping we can keep hold of him.

I doubt anyone will be in for Wes this summer, after he just signed a new contract. I don't think anyone would pay anywhere near what it would take to get him.

Vesty can be a solid, workmanlike CD for a team that sits deep.  He's no fit for us or any side that plays a high line, and his disastrous stint here tanked his value.  We'd be lucky to get 5M for him as a result.

13 hours ago, grumpy old git said:

Vestergaard is not a bad defender! He has been very solid over the years for Southampton and Denmark he just does not seem to click with our style of play for whatever reason. Someone will get a good defender on the cheap now!

Bertrand on the other hand must go?

Vesty wants to play, too, so a deal will be made. Bertrand is coming off an injury on a short contract. He will ride it out (especially given we will probably have a smaller squad, so he won't face the ignominy of being left out of the squad.)

56 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I doubt anyone will be in for Wes this summer, after he just signed a new contract. I don't think anyone would pay anywhere near what it would take to get him.

Yeah 80m for Harry

Little Wes has to be 240m