Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

46 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I don't think he's terrible and Some of the abuse he's got has been way over the top in my opinion. Some fans just have it in for him. It used to be Nacho until he shut them up and this season it was Vestergaard. It was a bit of a last minute panic buy and the fact of the matter is he's too slow for us. Would never of arrived if it wasn't for the Fofana injury. 

It's a game of opinions. Mine is he's terrible. Never has anyone so tall been so useless in the air. He has the turning circle of a ford pickup truck and no pace at all. He might be better if he is in a team that defends really deep and in a 3 but for the system we play he's terrible. we should take whatever we can get for him and take their hands off. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

It's a game of opinions. Mine is he's terrible. Never has anyone so tall been so useless in the air. He has the turning circle of a ford pickup truck and no pace at all. He might be better if he is in a team that defends really deep and in a 3 but for the system we play he's terrible. we should take whatever we can get for him and take their hands off. 

That’s very harsh on the pickup truck!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Nearly 40 million wasted, has someone been sacked for it?

No clue where you got the 40m figure from. Combined they cost us just above 30m. Not saying it isnt any less of a waste but we shouldnt resort to making up stuff to make a point.

• Like 2

Not the best player and was poor at times but seems a bit of a scapegoat for the fan base.

In the first 9 PL games of the season he played in (7) in which we won 3, draw 2 and lost 2 

In all comps 20 games 9 wins, 4 draws 7 loses. 

Wasn't helped by the total mess we were in defensively, think he could do a job as a back up CB in a settled defence with 1 or 2 of Fofana, Ricardo, Castange, Justin or Evans around him.

I think the likes of Soyuncu, Amartey have been just as bad. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not the best player and was poor at times but seems a bit of a scapegoat for the fan base.

In the first 9 PL games of the season he played in (7) in which we won 3, draw 2 and lost 2 

In all comps 20 games 9 wins, 4 draws 7 loses. 

Wasn't helped by the total mess we were in defensively, think he could do a job as a back up CB in a settled defence with 1 or 2 of around him Fofana, Ricardo, Castange, Justin or Evans.

I think the likes of Soyuncu, Amartey have been just as bad. 

Exactly. Vestergaard just seems an ideal scapegoat now that hes on his way out. But if we're being honest with ourselves, each of our CBs this season bar Fofana and Evans (for what little part they played in the big picture) has been shite

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, teblin said:

Peter Gilbert, Michael trotter, junior Lewis. There have been lots worse than jannick.

just that all of them put together probably cost about the same we paid for him.

to be fair I think he is a decent footballer, but not a great defender, which is an issue as a centre back. His lack of pace is the issue for the way we want to play.

Danny nguessan, Alan rogers?

18 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Are there likely to be many takers for what is now the footballing equivalent of a Trabant ? 

He's not as bad as we make out on here and his performances for Denmark have been pretty solid. We'll make a loss and probably have to contribute to some wages but someone will be willing to take a punt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Are there likely to be many takers for what is now the footballing equivalent of a Trabant ? 

A classic? Sure, collectors will be all over him

57 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

No clue where you got the 40m figure from. Combined they cost us just above 30m. Not saying it isnt any less of a waste but we shouldnt resort to making up stuff to make a point.

We could tag Perez's 30m on the end to boost it if you want? 😅

Such a bad signing. How on earth did anyone, let alone a majority of decision makers, think he'd suit our system and standard?

No doubt he's on huge wages too. We'll do well to recoup half of what we paid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Such a bad signing. How on earth did anyone, let alone a majority of decision makers, think he'd suit our system and standard?

No doubt he's on huge wages too. We'll do well to recoup half of what we paid.

It was definitely the 9-1 game that swung it for Bertrand and Jannik.

2 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

.....we should be looking at the people who decided to pick him up!!!

With all his drawbacks in relation of how we wanted to play, it was pretty short-sighted to bring him in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Vestergaard was a ridiculous signing. Sad to see we’re writing off Soumaré so soon. 

This so-called “rebuild” cannot go anything like last summer. 

I'd be fearful the 'rebuild' could be just as bad....