Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr Weller 2

The England haters

On 12/11/2022 at 12:50, Stinky said:

I've recently went and bought a cheap little blue notepad from WH Smith and started making a list of all users who have said they have no interest in international football and will not be watching any minute of the world Cup. I will be on you like a rash in a place where you would least like a rash when you start sticking your nose in the world cup forum. 

Add me to that list big man

F the FA, FIFA and Qatar. They all have blood on their hands and should be ashamed this has been allowed to go ahead. 

Boycott it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I can't be bothered with the Nations league or qualifiers or but I'm always up for the Euros and World Cup.  

10 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

This is a big reason for me.  Also, England has just lost it's identity as a whole.  There so many international people living here (some legal and some illegal), that the unity has evaporated. 

Coupled with the fact that we have a nauseating manager, who isn't a maverick in any way, shape or form.

Club over country for me, every day of the week.

Over 85% of people living in Britain were born in Britain.  Don't believe everything that racists tell you.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Add me to that list big man

F the FA, FIFA and Qatar. They all have blood on their hands and should be ashamed this has been allowed to go ahead. 

Boycott it 

The game of football is far bigger than the FA, FIFA & Qatar and I for one will be watching as I normally do every World Cup.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Do you know many who are going?

Out of my usual group, 3. 

The extended group a fair few are yeah. 

That's the best thing about England though, clubs come together. Enemies become friends. 

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1

Although they didn't win anything like they should have, given the squad, I loved watching the England with Owen, Beckham, lampard & Scholes etc.

I always looked foward to watching that era and used to love any competition. I even look back at the kits and have happy memories.

This England team just doesn't excite me the same. Watching the likes of Harry Kane (however good he may be) and Maguire etc etc just doesn't excite me one little bit.

I know we have a great team, and football isn't any better or worse, I just don't know why I dont have the same excitement.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 15:03, Lako42 said:

Patriotism and the shitty flag waving that comes with it just isn't for me anymore. 

I don't feel particularly proud of this country and nationalism creates the opposite mentality to that which I have and believe in. 

Weve become an inward looking, insignificant, strange little island that seems afraid of everyone who doesn't live in it (and many that do) 

Plus, international football has lost all of its charm and character. 

Reads like something shat out of a Guardian sport comments section. 

I look forward to watching England at major tournaments. When I was young I wanted them to win almost as much as City, the thrill and elation of a knockout stages win was tremendous but it also made for an excruciating watch. Nowadays I just look forward to watching a ton of games at a WC/Euros, with England's involvement an extra bonus interest. I still want them to win but it just doesn't go beyond mild disappointment or frustration when we lose anymore. Emotions can of course still vary with specific games. At one end I found some amusement in just how amazingly inept we were in the 2016 Iceland defeat (especially the comical last 20-30 minutes) but on the flip side I still loved us beating the horrendously negative and cynical Colombians in 2018. 

On 12/11/2022 at 13:03, Nalis said:

1990 and 1996 are massively over romanticised in England. 

Probably because of the way the country's gone since. Apart from 2012 with the Olympics, it feels like the last time the country was truly united about anything.

Mine has got worse over time and I think Gareth Southgate has virtually destroyed it for me.

This is the most successful we have been for a long long time, but it's just so boring.

I am also now convinced that we can go through the motions against all the shit sides we inevitably play, but lose to any "decent" side we come across. And since Croatia were added to that list, it appears to half-"decent" at best now.

I now have hope with Maddison's inclusion (I think I just expected Vardy's shite treatment from the start) but don't really expect him to be played and am now inevitably setting myself up for the disappointment that will come with Maddison getting little to no meaningful play time and us going out without a whimper to some no mark half "decent" side in the knockouts. Probably not facing them until deep into the competition.

We could even face a below par "decent" side in the final but be so unadventurous in the 90 minutes and know they were there for the taking if we took some risks.

The record is good, the watching reality, not so much.

8 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

It really is sad that other British nations still delight in hatred dressed as banter. 

So I would assume, in order to avoid being hypocritical, there are absolutely no football teams that you dislike and/or take pleasure in seeing lose? 

I've a good excuse because I'm Irish and we always want England to get beat.  Another factor is the appalling media and saturisation of England is going to win whatever competition they are playing in with little true analysis of their chances.

As for the World Cup in general FIFA have completely messed up. I know I'll watch it but I've never felt this less excited about a major competition I've watched all my life. Depressing.

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I for one think it’s brilliant that Mr Hitler’s country has won the Olympics because it will shut up the leftie woke Libs. No country taking part is perfect, what gives them the right to whine about Germany? I for one will be attending because I’m an athletics fan, not a political person - unlike those dumb libtard going broke because they’re wokers. So what if he doesn’t like certain people, none of us do but we just can’t say it because free speech or something, this is about the 100m and the shot putt, not wish washy trendy nonsense about fairness and equality. 

641B6AC2-3359-4687-84CE-E8E987224AB7.jpeg

Jewish fans attending these Olympics might have to compromise a little, but they need to understand and respect the local culture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

I can't be bothered with the Nations league or qualifiers or but I'm always up for the Euros and World Cup.  

Over 85% of people living in Britain were born in Britain.  Don't believe everything that racists tell you.  

Yes and how long will that particular statistic last? don't belive everything you are told aswell.