Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Get fvcked. Absolutely not. 

Worst possible first signing, the most bland, milquetoast, nothing footballer imaginable. Not remarkable enough to be a match winner even in the Championship and will be redundant the moment we get promoted (if we do, which looks increasingly less likely of this is what we think our recruitment strategy should be.) 

This is am Everton move, buying players on the way down. All of our success came from buying players on their way up. 

For the most part this is true, but players like Dean Hammond, Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Wasilewski, Albrighton, Huth, Cambiasso, Simpson etc. also contributed in one way or another to our success. No one could possibly say that they were players on the up. I get your point about value for money but he could be a very reliable player for us in the championship. If Enzo can bring in some exciting young talents on loan, which I think he will, then in conjunction with this signing we might start to look a little bit more balanced heading into the new season. 

• Like 3

It's ok saying he'd be good in the Champoinship but that hardly sems to be very forward thinking or even positve thinking because he's not going to sign for 1 or 2 years.

He would need to accept a drop in wages.

If we do get him we should sell Maddison to Newcastle.

Wouldn't be someone at the top of my list. Seems very underwhelming. Not saying he's necessarily a bad player, but he'd cost a fair bit and I genuinely reckon there's far better options in the Championship who we could pick up for a fraction of the cost/wages. 

• Like 1

It all started to go wrong for us when we decided to start signing finished article players in the 24-28 age range with European experience, need to get back to actual recruitment instead of so called high profile players that have reached their limit.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Why are we happy to negotiate this separately to the Maddison deal. I think Winks will be decent in the Chanpionship. However, this is a player Spurs do not want. They want his wages off the table. Handing it separate to the Maddison deal works very well for them

It’s horrible for us. We sell a key asset at a lower value than we set out to, publicly. Separately enter into negotiations with Spurs for one of their cast offs. Pay them £10m. Spurs end up getting rid of Winks and getting Maddison for the £30m they originally intended. 

Top and Rudkin are asswipes and there is no other word for them. 

as you’re clearly sitting in the boardroom, have the biscuits been downgraded since relegation ???

including players as part of a deal has dropped off over the years - transfers are already v complex and adding more uncertainty doesn’t help.  

Left out in the cold at spurs and hopefully has a point to prove (worked for us before), are the straws I’m clutching at. 

*left out for good reason too by the way, wasn’t good enough, hopefully the drop down negates that, but who the **** knows at this point. 

Edited by Manini

1 minute ago, Aberfox said:

The Drinkwater who was part of our promotion, Great Escape and title-winning squads? That Drinkwater? Some respect is due for his significant contribution to our golden era.

2 good seasons in his entire career and finished by 30, hes basically a less known Dele Alli 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Drinkwater and Matty James were excellent in the Championship, if Winks is as good as MJ was for us in the promotion season this will be a good signing. Whether he will be or not remains to be seen but not the worst player to be compared to.

That’s exactly the kind of player I would compare him to, James. 

• Like 1

I don't believe that it would be ENTIRELY  independendant of the Maddison deal. Maybe on paper, there won't be a connection but I would imagine that in discussion a bit of quid pro quo was happening in terms of negotiating each fee. 

Although not exactly an exciting or sexy signing, I think it could be a decent one. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He'll be on at least 50 bags a week here as well. Wahahahahaaa

Adrian Bernabia surely costs less than this slob?

For a man that spends hour scouting players Ric surely you appreciate these are two completely different players in profile? One’s a 6, other is an 8 or 10.

I’m ok with this. He’s a decent player. Good for the championship, and if he’s willing to drop down a division for game time will have something to prove. 

we need some experience and calmness in the team and I think he will provide that. I like that we will be adding English players to the squad again, I’ve always thought we did well when we had a core of British lads.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Grotesque move. This absolutely wreaks of championship. 

This is everything I wanted to avoid. Hideous. Awful. 

This is settling for the overweight, tatooed divorcee just so you don't die alone

lol my god. What a load of absolute horse shit. 

Give your head a wobble, son. We're a championship club now. 

• Like 3