Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Anyone want to know how bad he is just watch the video of his 33minute cameo v Everton that's online....he so bed that you just one to laugh

I need context 

I reckon I could find videos of KDB playing like junior Lewis if I looked hard enough …

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

How are we defining Winks as non “Positive or Hungry” player? Based on what? Do we know him personally or?

He played 20 times on loan for Sampdoria last season (I did not realise this) but any idea why he played what 50% of matches?

Imagine saying we didn’t have doubts of Jannik’s mentality when he was turning down offers as didn’t fancy it 🙈

Edited by SafewayFox

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Danny Rose played over 150 games for Spurs, top division games, and started in the Champions League final too, but I wouldn't have wanted him here. What's your point?

Is not much of a secret that Danny Rose had an attitude problem though. I'm not sure anyone has ever said about Harry Winks. 

29 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

For the most part this is true, but players like Dean Hammond, Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Wasilewski, Albrighton, Huth, Cambiasso, Simpson etc. also contributed in one way or another to our success. No one could possibly say that they were players on the up. I get your point about value for money but he could be a very reliable player for us in the championship. If Enzo can bring in some exciting young talents on loan, which I think he will, then in conjunction with this signing we might start to look a little bit more balanced heading into the new season. 

Was not almost every single one of those players you named a free transfer other than Huth who was a pretty well regarded centre back who had just had a succesful loan here? 

They're also all established pros and in many cases experienced internationals. 

As I've literally just said, I'd have no problem if this was a free signing of ludicrously cheap.

I think we all know it won't be. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Danny Rose played over 150 games for Spurs, top division games, and started in the Champions League final too, but I wouldn't have wanted him here. What's your point?

You wouldn’t have 27 y o danny rose here ?   Two consecutive PL team of the year left back picks at that age 

stop comparing apples and oranges 

Post on the Spurs forum indicates this is only "separate" to the Maddison deal to save us paying Norwich money.

We've got that 15% clause to pay Norwich on any profit we make on Maddison, we sell him for a bit cheaper & Spurs offset that from the money we pay for Winks? :dunno:

Edited by EnderbyFox

I guess an issue with Enzo choosing players is he's not going to know too much about players outside of the Premier league in this country, and is going to have to trust scout reports on players from the championship and lower leagues. 

This thread is exactly what we are going to have to get used to signing wise this summer - it will be the first of many - a million different opinions on let’s be honest players that aren’t as good as what we had 2 years ago - fingers crossed we get more right than wrong - I don’t mind this one at all 

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Post on the Spurs forum indicates this is only "separate" to the Maddison deal to save us paying Norwich money.

We've got that 15% clause to pay Norwich on any profit we make on Maddison, we sell him for a bit cheaper & Spurs Offset that from the money we pay for Winks? :dunno:

Work smarter not harder, I assume this isn't Rudkin's doing.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Was not almost every single one of those players you named a free transfer other than Huth who was a pretty well regarded centre back who had just had a succesful loan here? 

They're also all established pros and in many cases experienced internationals. 

As I've literally just said, I'd have no problem if this was a free signing of ludicrously cheap.

I think we all know it won't be. 

This 100%

If this was a cheap/free deal….fine but would he drop a league on a much lower pay?

I don’t understand how people can compare him to Huth, Cambiasso signings who drastically improved not just our starting 11 but mentality - Winks doesn’t tick either of those boxes.

Some of the responses are worrying. If we start this season with “we are in Premiership club in the Championship” attitude, then we are truly fu#%ed. And rightly so.

Winks is a decent option at this level and would get in most, if not all, Championship clubs. He’s a decent tackler, can pass, and keep possession. His experience would be invaluable and could be another positive influence (could be a mentor for the likes Braybrookes).

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Mixed feelings about a signing like this.

For Maresca’s style of play which will be possession based, he’ll be ideal. One of those unflashy players that keeps things ticking over. 

On the negative side, a younger player with high potential, who we could eventually sell for double or triple than what we paid for him, could do Winks’s job just as good if not better than him. As Ric mentioned, Bernabe being a good example.

I just hope we don’t overload our refreshed squad with players like this, because in the long run it would be absolutely terrible for us. 

I can take 2-3 signings like this, Winks & Coady being the prime examples, anymore than that, then this club can get fvcked. 

This is key. If we are going for Winks, we can assume that Maresca has approved it. Not all players in a team need to be able to do the spectacular - those who can help the transition between defence and attack with simple passes are also useful. Winks would possibly play alongside KDH in the base of midfield. That actually wouldn't be too shabby for the Championship. 

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

He’s been happy to not get in a lot of Spurs match squads recently, I’m pretty sure that is the definition of a player who hasn’t shown much desire to actually play football.

Imagine saying we didn’t have doubts of Jannik’s mentality when he was turning down offers as didn’t fancy it 🙈

He's been out on loan because he isn't good enough, it's nothing to do with desire. He loves Spurs and there's no doubt he'd want to carry on there if he had a say in it.

We had a team of spineless morons last season that showed no fight, grit or determination.

I’m not sure if anyone here has even watched Winks play but he’s exactly the type of player we should be going for. From what I’ve seen he always gives 100% and isn’t afraid to get stuck in. Let’s not forget he’s also started in a UCL final, played for England 10 times and been previously linked with Man City.

Could even be a potential captain given our total lack of leadership since Kasper left.

Edited by shiv