Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is he saving less atm than he has been at the start of the season? Feel like a difference is he’s not pulling off as many worldies or game changing saves, but it could all be in my head. 

I don’t think so. Take the QPR game for example, he let in two goals that prime Banks wouldn’t have saved 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is he saving less atm than he has been at the start of the season? Feel like a difference is he’s not pulling off as many worldies or game changing saves, but it could all be in my head. 

IMG_2923.jpeg.2ecdf9853768282dbc379c7c838d27ab.jpeg

first 20 games we conceded 12 goals 0.6pm

last 10 we have conceded 14

1.4pm

so yes we are conceding more but he still has the 3rd highest save percentage 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

IMG_2923.jpeg.2ecdf9853768282dbc379c7c838d27ab.jpeg

first 20 games we conceded 12 goals 0.6pm

last 10 we have conceded 14

1.4pm

so yes we are conceding more but he still has the 3rd highest save percentage 

Statto! Statto! Statto!

I'm not normally critical of Mads, but I don't think he had a great match. Obviously, the penalty save is fantastic - but he made life very difficult for himself with both of Hull's goals.

For the first, after Faes loses the ball, Mads backs off towards goal and then stops. Carvalho's first touch isn't great, it kind of gets stuck under his feet and takes him off at a poor angle, and he's put under pressure fairly quickly by Wout. In that situation, Mads needs to back off completely to give himself reaction time. Instead he gets trapped in no-man's land: not close enough to Carvalho to spread and make himself big, and not far enough away to give himself the best chance.

For the second, Zaroury hits it hard and low but it's not particularly in the corner. Mads isn't set well when the shot is taken. I think he'll be very disappointed he didn't get across quicker and would normally expect to save that shot.

Forgive me if this is unfairly harsh, but I've recently been reading a lot about goalkeeping and thought I might as well try and put that knowledge to good use.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

I'm not normally critical of Mads, but I don't think he had a great match. Obviously, the penalty save is fantastic - but he made life very difficult for himself with both of Hull's goals.

For the first, after Faes loses the ball, Mads backs off towards goal and then stops. Carvalho's first touch isn't great, it kind of gets stuck under his feet and takes him off at a poor angle, and he's put under pressure fairly quickly by Wout. In that situation, Mads needs to back off completely to give himself reaction time. Instead he gets trapped in no-man's land: not close enough to Carvalho to spread and make himself big, and not far enough away to give himself the best chance.

For the second, Zaroury hits it hard and low but it's not particularly in the corner. Mads isn't set well when the shot is taken. I think he'll be very disappointed he didn't get across quicker and would normally expect to save that shot.

Forgive me if this is unfairly harsh, but I've recently been reading a lot about goalkeeping and thought I might as well try and put that knowledge to good use.

Absolute shocker of a post  🤯

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blaaklint said:

if you’ve been reading about goalkeeping then you should know for the first he did the right thing in not going back to his line because he narrowed the angle. It happens to be that carvalho took his shot well( a player we we’re interested in signing for what it’s worth, before he went to Hull).

I thinks madds has set himself such an insanely high standard early on that we almost expect him to make worldly saves all the time especially recently when the defense has gone to sleep. It’s more desperation on our part but at danger of getting crucified he has also looked a little wobbly in games and I blame the lack of form and confidence running rampant throughout the team. So, not gonna blame him for our losses he can only do so much.

flippin Wout Farce getting robbed of the ball with his pants down is a bigger problem.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MPH said:

if you’ve been reading about goalkeeping then you should know for the first he did the right thing in not going back to his line because he narrowed the angle. It happens to be that carvalho took his shot well( a player we we’re interested in signing for what it’s worth, before he went to Hull).

But its been shown that narrowing the angle and closing down the shot only really works from a) less than 14 yards and b) relatively central positions. From slightly wider and further out positions, engaging the attacker has a negative impact on likelihood of a save.

If Mads wants to narrow the angle, then he needs to commit to it fully instead of dropping and then deciding to do so. IMO though, I think if he backs off that it would take a significantly better finish from Carvalho to beat him.

Engage and react, which is what Mads does, is the worst strategy in virtually all scenarios.

https://x.com/Jhdharrison1/status/1273312389233082369?s=20

15 hours ago, blaaklint said:

Angles are arguably wrong on both.

First one though hes not set as a keeper, hes set as an outfield player ready to be a passing option. So if he got his angles spot on it would have been pure luck as he had no frames of reference 

On looking at the second one, because Hamza is doing an absolutely awful job, I think he's taken an extra step to the right to get sight of the ball. Unfortunately it's been hit around the same time and quite well into the other corner.

You can see he goes straight over to Hamza to have a word.

So while you're right the positioning isn't spot on. There are mitigating circumstances for both in my opinion.