Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

He's surprising me. Didn't think he was suited to playing higher up the pitch, but he's in the side on merit. He's actually causing defences problems when he's in the box and helping us win games. Keep it up Wilf 

I've always loved Wilf and stuck by him this last year or so when 75% of FT treated him with appalling disrespect.

However, I can't say even as a wild fanboy that i knew he had all these lovely turns and tricks and feints up his sleeve....though there have been little clues. Social posts of training in the past have occasionally popped up some Wilf wonder finish....so it's been there and thankfully this manager seems to have harvested it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The only logical explanation from how bad he was last year to how good he is now is coaching. 

And his response to it. Still a stark difference to how Nacho has responded. Been very impressed with how Ndidi has taken this opportunity. It’s like he wanted to prove it to himself. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I wouldn't say Wilf's, I'd say Enzo's and if we're talking everyone that was skeptical that Ndidi could be coached to be a major positive force for ball progression (especially with dribbling like a Brazilian winger as his stand out attribute) then 99% of the forum would be out there on Maresca's drive, probably including you if you've got the honesty to admit it. 

I'm a big fan of Wilf, I've advocated for him a lot, I've never been keen on us getting rid of him and I've thought plenty of times that if someone backs him to play to his strengths we'd still get a tune out of him. 

Even through that lens I thought it was absurd playing him as a "mezzala" though and it was extremely frustrating in pre season watching all of our best chances fall to him. 

It didn't look smart then and it didn't look smart in any of the first few games of the season. Seemed like only a matter of time before Casadei would be starting. 

Anyone that says they ever anticipated Ndidi putting in the performance he did yesterday is straight up lying. He had his opposite number on toast, put in a dribbling master class, was even pulling out the party tricks towards the end of the game and played by far the best pass of the match when he slotted in Fatawu behind the full back for what would have been an assist for a 26 year old Vardy. 

Finding quotes from people that were dubious with us deploying Ndidi in attack isn't a great gotcha. You might as well quote someone in December 2014 saying we'd never win the Premier League and laugh at them as if you fvcking predicted it. 

Looks like a rant , don’t read rants  

I have skimmed to the last line cos most rants only have one line that’s interesting and it’s usually the last one

I think the joke went over your head.. it was a joke 🤦‍♂️

I’m guessing it’s hormonal issues  menaupause works great .. so my wife tells me 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

Yeah, great post as usual lol

He was awful in the Cov game, as he had been for two years.

Wanting to see him moved on was a more than fair opinion. It’s been painful watching him.

He’s doing well now though, which is fantastic to see and long may it continue.

You say he was awful

I  will  say

he had the joy of football sucked out of him by an awful manager ……

its beginning to look like the latter to me 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It wasn't a joke though was it bud? You can backpedal and pretend it was a joke and throw in a few more laughing emojis and a couple more misogynistic boomer humour gags if it helps you feel like you're getting in a hilarious comeback.

But you made a pretty stupid post trying to call people out for fairly reasonably being dubious about Ndidi being deployed as an attacking midfielder and then tried to act all big bollocks like you knew better all along. It was a classic Col move. 

:shakey_still:

31 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

The best attacking display ive seen from him by a country mile. Everything he tried came off. Him and Vestergaard have been like watching completely different players the last few weeks. Fair play Enzo

Yeah looks made for the role, no wonder Enzo trusts him there. Took adjustment but he has certainly done that

Wilf had lost his mojo

we know he’s a supreme athlete but his passing let’s him down. I think enzo has tried to calm him in possession so he doesn’t snatch at things 

pre season it seemed clear that we would play with two eights and wilf was selected as one of them. I wondered if he would be capable of playing that role.  We are playing with winks holding the space and orchestrating. Our first choice eights are wilf and kdh.  That’s quite a pair of pressing players to keep the opposition away from the space around winks 

7 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm very happy to be proven completely wrong. I honestly thought at the time that maybe he needed a move to revitalise his career. Couldn't have been wider of the mark.

To be fair, at the time there wasn't many who would disagree, hindsight is a great thing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

You know what, I no longer understand what position wilf actually plays in the team 😄

The idea has always been that he breaks up attacks before they even start and helps keep pressure on by winning the ball back in the attacking third. He's just engaging 30 yards further forward. I was skeptical because you then need to have the ability to take a man on or pick the pass, two things that Wilf has historically struggled with, and if we're honest really did v Coventry, but **** me he did that brilliantly on Saturday and has been improving at it with every game

His new found Skillset is something he's clearly been working on. For which Enzo deserves a lot of the credit.

It just proves players can learn despite what limitations we put on them. 

Like many on here I didn't think NDiddi had it in him to make that step up. Credit to him for doing so. I just hope we can get him to sign a new Contract. Or we may be forced to sell in January.