Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Wilfred Ndidi

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've said it before and will say it again, in terms of coaching Maresca is elite. Elite I tell you!

Forget the tactics or squad management for a second, coaching at it's most basic level is the ability to improve the individual. We are seeing Wilf do things that no one could ever imagine, and he's doing it consistently. Really, really impressive both from the player and coach.

I'm genuinely starting to wonder if this could be his future role with us. I sort of felt like he was thrown in there because Maresca knew he was a good player when on form and just wanted him on the pitch to help us in defensive moments. In the end it seems like he's really warming to this new role, the scary thing is, we could write a shopping list of individual moments where he could have done better, so the amount of scope for improvement in Wilfs game could potentially take him to new heights as a player.
Scary how a defensive midfielder who's only job for most of his career has been to break up play can transition into a role so far apart from the role he knows, and yet do so well.
Still only 26 too, Imagine where he could be in 12 months if he keeps improving like this :jawdrop:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I don't know who's been the bigger surprise this season, him or Jannik. Two players I'd have celebrated leaving 3 months ago

The rebirth of  Ndidi is definitely more surprising, I think. 

Jannik playing very well when asked to play exactly the way he is suited to play, is not surprising IMO. He can operate in a top 5 league, and for his National side, when played to his strengths. He did this before he was with us. I was pretty excited about his signing at the time, it seemed he was here to play centre of a back 3, but Rodgers swiftly abandoned that and later froze him out completely. Depressing we’ve had to wait this long to see him played to his strengths. 

But Ndidi… I haven’t seen anything over his time here, or his career in general, to suggest he could do what he is doing now. Long may his Yaya Touré impression continue. It had been sad to watch him for a long time under Rodgers. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

9 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

The rebirth of  Ndidi is definitely more surprising, I think. 

Jannik playing very well when asked to play exactly the way he is suited to play, is not surprising IMO. He can operate in a top 5 league, and for his National side, when played to his strengths. He did this before he was with us. I was pretty excited about his signing at the time, it seemed he was here to play centre of a back 3, but Rodgers swiftly abandoned that and later froze him out completely. Depressing we’ve had to wait this long to see him played to his strengths. 

But Ndidi… I haven’t seen anything over his time here, or his career in general, to suggest he could do what he is doing now. Long may his Yaya Touré impression continue. It had been sad to watch him for a long time under Rodgers. 

I think it shows how bad Rodgers was. The so called master tactician is living in the past. Where as we now have a manager who can improve players, and can adapt to changing situations in games.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He was amazing today. Look what can happen to a player when the stench of Rodgers is fumigated 

We have to take into account that this is the championship and not the premier league and because of that it was probably never going to happen, but if a coach like Enzo can do this Ndidi, just imagine what he could have done with players like Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Barnes etc

For me it only highlights even more what a fraud Rodgers was and all this talk about him being the "best British manager" was so far off the mark. All his lies about being a coach that enjoys improving players blah blah blah 

It's still an "IF" whether or not we make it to the premier league, and if we're being completely honest with ourselves we don't know whether or not this current squad could play this way in the premier league and be successful enough, we'd more than likely need to see quite a big investment if we do go up. But the excited, not so level headed fan in me does start to wonder when you see how much players like Ndidi have improved, of Enzo and his staff can do the same in the big leagues and we might see players of Maddison's calibre back at the club very soon

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We have to take into account that this is the championship and not the premier league and because of that it was probably never going to happen, but if a coach like Enzo can do this Ndidi, just imagine what he could have done with players like Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu, Barnes etc

For me it only highlights even more what a fraud Rodgers was and all this talk about him being the "best British manager" was so far off the mark. All his lies about being a coach that enjoys improving players blah blah blah 

It's still an "IF" whether or not we make it to the premier league, and if we're being completely honest with ourselves we don't know whether or not this current squad could play this way in the premier league and be successful enough, we'd more than likely need to see quite a big investment if we do go up. But the excited, not so level headed fan in me does start to wonder when you see how much players like Ndidi have improved, of Enzo and his staff can do the same in the big leagues and we might see players of Maddison's calibre back at the club very soon

Like a politician who repeats a lie that they believe their own narrative and take in some people who also believe it.

29 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I think it shows how bad Rodgers was. The so called master tactician is living in the past. Where as we now have a manager who can improve players, and can adapt to changing situations in games.

Wasn’t just Rodgers though, for any manager Ndidi has played for… even when he was in Belgium, or for his national team, he never showed hints he could do this, that I saw.