Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

On 08/05/2024 at 17:38, CosbehFox said:

Backed very, very well by a massive pharmaceutical company.

They’re a factory team… I’ve been to the Bayer plant with my job…. It’s like a small city…. I had no idea they were still sponsored by them, but a a quick google suggest they are!

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

They’re a factory team… I’ve been to the Bayer plant with my job…. It’s like a small city…. I had no idea they were still sponsored by them, but a a quick google suggest they are!

One of the few works team remaining in Germany. Wolfsburg with Volkswagen another notable example 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I obviously love Vardy and will do always and forever but it says a lot about his personality that he’s besties with Wise. He could be mates with anyone in the game if he wanted. 

Interesting he was in Como and got invited by Wise to the promotion party. 

They might just have been on holiday at Lake Como, however it would be a nice place to retire ……

Pep Guardiola:

Before it was the money. For that reason, Manchester United should have won all the titles, Chelsea - all the titles, Arsenal - all the titles. They spend as much money in the last five years as us. They should be there. They are not there.

“For that reason Girona shouldn’t be in the Champions League [next season] and Leicester should win the Premier League.”

18 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Pep Guardiola:

Before it was the money. For that reason, Manchester United should have won all the titles, Chelsea - all the titles, Arsenal - all the titles. They spend as much money in the last five years as us. They should be there. They are not there.

“For that reason Girona shouldn’t be in the Champions League [next season] and Leicester should win the Premier League.”

I think he’s missing some shouldn’ts and shoulds but his point is that it used to be about the money and now it isn’t!  He justifies this by saying if it was about money then there wouldn’t be girona and us 

And if it were just the money then United and Chelsea would be competing for the title every season which they aren’t 

he’s half right 

On 12/05/2024 at 22:45, urban.spaceman said:

When were they pushing for the title?!!?? 

Perhaps Spurs rolled over in the vital match when Robert Huth scored. If you look at the goal again it certainly looks like Dier I think it was did actually roll over

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Perhaps Spurs rolled over in the vital match when Robert Huth scored. If you look at the goal again it certainly looks like Dier I think it was did actually roll over

Dier decided to mark i think vertonghen instead of Huth. Was a brilliant bit of defensive work tbf. Kept him miles away from Huth and sent him for a roll about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, trabuch said:

Always a joy to be reminded of that goal. It's when I really started to believe.

There was an amazing shot of this from a fan’s phone on social media at the time that I really wish I’d downloaded. Absolute limbs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trabuch said:

Always a joy to be reminded of that goal. It's when I really started to believe.

What an incredibly satisfying goal. The simplicity, the noise of the kick and the header, the cleanliness, Huth's technique. It's brilliant, before you even touch on the circumstances.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

NO TEAM THREW GAMES AGAINST US. .... we only battered Swansea in the run-in. The other games were tight 1-0 wins. Even West Ham, who hate Spurs, took their game against us seriously, they almost beat us. Norwich and Newcastle got relegated and we only beat them by 1 goal. ****ing hate this revisionism 

Bum sore tossers

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Well now I’m really down the rabbit hole. 

some of them need to do their research before they sprout off crap. we'd have won it anyway since we beat everton before the chelsea one lol

amazing how they change the goalposts to whatever narrative suits them