Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season if we go up?

if we are shopping in the youth / emerging European markets to keep wage costs low then I would hope there is space in the squad for a few more experienced players whose career is perhaps on the way down but have been there and done it.

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

if we are shopping in the youth / emerging European markets to keep wage costs low then I would hope there is space in the squad for a few more experienced players whose career is perhaps on the way down but have been there and done it.

Reus and Sensi :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Reus and Sensi :ph34r:

Seems a good chance Sensi will come.  On Reus - not sure he has the legs for Enzo's system and to accommodate him would mean changing things up - would be an amazing addition for sure.

Looking at relatively cheap/free options...

Lloyd Kelly - not sure if we would get him but perfect for that LCB/LB position.

Greaves - another good option for that LB/LCB slot.

Trai Hume - very much a Ricardo type player who could play that position. 

Brownhill - free and suited to that #8 slot.

Jordan James - a lot of potential and another who could be decent in the #8 position. 

Morgan Whittiker- excellent in a poor side this year. Relatively young and a great option at RW.

Bojan Miovski - the biggest gamble of the players I've mentioned in terms of the jump in quality to make it at EPL level but a player I like a lot. Cheap, Relatively young and someone who would offer something a bit different to Cannon and Vardy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Let's make him the 50th player to leave Spurs and won a trophy since Spurs last won a trophy.

(Harry Winks was 49th)

Surprised at this, very good player when in his stride 

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Let's make him the 50th player to leave Spurs and won a trophy since Spurs last won a trophy.

(Harry Winks was 49th)

Not denying his capabilities, but we need team players, and NOT inconsistent sulkers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Still value in that. Hopefully selling Soumare or (less hopefully) KDH could fund that.

Bouba sale would be neutral re psr at best once wage difference covered 

Would free up some wages but not a lot 

hamer wouldn’t be a big earner though 

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Plenty of Sheff Utd fans have said this season that he’s been a class above, and doesn’t really deserve to be part of the shitshow that they’ve created this season. 

He was one of the best progressive passers in the Championship while at Coventry, while he would give us some creativity and technical ability that we ideally need from midfield. 

The only scepticism I would have is how he’d fare in a more possession based system. 

They’ll be numerous suitors for him though, I just have a sneaky feeling he’ll end up at Fulham. 

Would be a good signing for us imo.  Unfortunately it looks like the money will have to be spent in other areas as there's a few free options kicking about the midfield area.

Assuming there is any money.

Posted (edited)

I think we are actually going to need quite a lot of players considering we are losing so many in Nacho, Praet, Ndidi, Albrighton, Vesty & co. That’s also assuming Vardy extends. I think we needed an 8 without losing any so realistically we will need 2 of Ndidi goes (possibly 3 depending on KDH). I think we will need somebody challenges winks, a striker, a winger and several centre backs.

I would like to hope we are looking at/enquiring about all of the below but obviously not getting them all and only going for any of them if the deal is right.

Beraton Diaz - He looks like some player

Szmodics - think his fee would be too high 

Hamer- we all know how what he does

Jordan James- hopefully relatively cheap now they’re down 

Sensi- low risk on a free 

Callum Ohare- Rate him but think we’d have to pay silly wages as others are interested and don’t want to do that

Jack Clarke- would be good with the Fatuwu & Mav 

Soyuncu- Worth a punt on loan, knows the club and Brodg is gone. Athleti clearly don’t want him

Fabio Carvalho- They will now clearly look to loan him to a lower Prem team fighting relegation 

Edited by CountesthorpeFox1

I think Liam Delap on loan from Man City could be a good signing. He was having a good season before he got injured, took his goal and played well at our place when they beat us 1-0. 

Man City may be keen to see how he fares in a similar set up in the Prem. Plus he may be keen for a move like Cole Palmer. Maybe loan with an option/obligation.

1 hour ago, Parker Pen said:

I think Liam Delap on loan from Man City could be a good signing. He was having a good season before he got injured, took his goal and played well at our place when they beat us 1-0. 

Man City may be keen to see how he fares in a similar set up in the Prem. Plus he may be keen for a move like Cole Palmer. Maybe loan with an option/obligation.

Can''t see there being much value in that one tbh. Would rather pursue the other loan to Hull in Carvalho who has outscored him in about 40% fewer matches. Also more versatile. Probably wouldn't have to buy him either, could try and get him on loan from Liverpool.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I like Hamer from Sheff Utd

The best player in their squad by miles (albeit one of the worst squads the Prem has ever seen)

Plus I remember his set pieces were excellent when we played Cov, something we sorely lack.

• Like 1