Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

25 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

@Ric Flair You seen his injury record? Seagrave would kill him off!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stefano-sensi/verletzungen/spieler/216179

This is the thing. Very highly thought of in Italy but his career has been ravaged by injury. If we were heading up after a few years out of the PL, I'd think this is a great signing but since we've a core a decent PL midfielders, seems a bit of a strange one as you'd rather somebody bigger (name and size!) or go for a younger player.

13 minutes ago, Lcfcokay said:

He’s a seasoned pro. Very good footballer. Had huge potential. And when fit is a top player.  what I’ve read is, injuries has stopped becoming the player many hoped. 

Sounds like Praet.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Probably contract chat from his agent 

Romano knows the difference. If he is reporting it, then there is some substance to it, whether he signs on not can be a different matter...

Looks like one to play the 8 role, but having that level of experience he’d easily be able to play winks’ role too.

The injury record is awful, but what a coup if a deals done at the right price and wage.

If he can play in a couple of positions and we can keep rotating and therefore everybody fresh (like we have been doing with Ricardo and Justin) then it's a big yes from me.

Could be a big benefit to the squad this one, especially if it allows us to keep Winks out of the red zone while maintaining our system and style of play.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Rotating with Winks? I guess this is one with a view to next season if it’s a permanent deal and his out of contract in the summer 

Yeah and given his injury record that makes a lot of sense that he'll not necessarily be needed week in week out but as a frankly outrageous rotation option.  

I would steer clear, personally.

I think once we're a Premier League club we can sign players with his ability but also without his injury record.

I don't think we need to take this gamble.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Spookily was looking last night at Italian midfielders out of contract in the summer, that we might target this month.

I ruled out Sensi as an Ndidi replacement due to him being about 5ft 6 but less than 24 hours later, here we are...

Remember our last  CDM that was 5.6 ? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I would steer clear, personally.

I think once we're a Premier League club we can sign players with his ability but also without his injury record.

I don't think we need to take this gamble.

If he's a 1/2 million gamble instead of a 15/20 gamble, I would risk it on an 18 month contract (plus a year option on it)

• Like 2

I know Enzo is Italian so does he have a soft spot for Italian players? It’s fine as long as he doesn’t get hoodwinked. We need good players coming in not bench warners or treatment room hotellers

33 minutes ago, Lcfcokay said:

He’s a seasoned pro. Very good footballer. Had huge potential. And when fit is a top player.  what I’ve read is, injuries has stopped becoming the player many hoped. 

Great news - Bertrand's allotted space in the Seagrave Ward needs filling. Its a firm a yes from me. Make sure it is a three year deal on a hefty wage.

In fairness, his lack of appearances this season is more down to being unwanted at Inter.

28 appearances at Monzo the year before wasn't horrific.

I think we could get him at an absolute snip but I'd be worried of the wages he'd likely command.