Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

29 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Barry Glendenning is tight up there with the biggest tossers around.

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Sunderland fan isn't he? 

Yes he bet on us to go down last season. So hilarious that Sunderland did. 

I stopped listening to the Guardian's football podcast because of Glendenning. Even on non Leicester events he winds me up the absolute watering can.

• Like 1

tbf 3 managers in less than 18 months suggests he may have a point about the players, I was listening to the Totally Football pod last night and they have Euro journo's on talking about it and how we are becoming an unattractive job because the second something goes wrong you are fighting the dressing room, that is the perception outside of the club now

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

tbf 3 managers in less than 18 months suggests he may have a point about the players, I was listening to the Totally Football pod last night and they have Euro journo's on talking about it and how we are becoming an unattractive job because the second something goes wrong you are fighting the dressing room, that is the perception outside of the club now

But as it stands we’ve had 3 managers in 4 seasons. There’s an irony to having ‘European experts’ bemoaning short term appointments when Italy and Spain are worse for it 

56 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Should be bread and butter for a manager though surely - it's their job to come in, shape and manage the team.

Think it says more about our recent ineffectiveness at making the right decisions regarding staff, since we won the League. I remember the drama after we'd sacked Pearson after he heroicly galvanised the Club after building a good team and eventually got it going on all cylinders, Susan Whelan pleaded with the support to believe in their decisions and that they're the best for the club; we've heard nothing of the sort after dismissing Claudio & Shakey and now it seems like we might've cocked up another appointment. Rudkin or otherwise.

I'm fully supportive of the owners but they are the most influential part of the club, no doubt. The shots called seem to have missed more often than not recently from my perspective

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Is he fighting the dressing room though or is that a term now used to beat the players with any time their form dips? 

Fact is, Ranieri said that none of the players stopped playing for him and said his dismissal was down to someone behind the scenes. Live on sky. It was painfully obvious that thebtavtics had changed that season in the league. It astonished me at first nobody was picking up on it but then it didn't go with the negative of we were lucky hoofballers that relied on Vardy and mahrez to do everything. I sit bang on the half way line and my god would he be screaming at the midfield not to cross it too much leaving Vardy and mahrez to do it on their own. 

The players were devastated that shakey was sacked. Despite him basically doing the same as ranieri and making some let's say questionable decisions. 

Puel went in at half-time 2 games ago and told the players they had played the perfect first half. They may be wondering what the **** he's on about but they're playing his game plan so must be playing for him. As they must be doing what he asked them if he thinks it's perfect. 

Everyone hates the players for the sacking of Ranieri. They're selective over the facts so nobody blames him and it's all the nasty players fault. Reality is that's not the case and any manager that can't see that obviously hasn't done their homework on the team and personally don't want anyone that unprepared taking over. 

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Puel went in at half-time 2 games ago and told the players they had played the perfect first half. They may be wondering what the **** he's on about but they're playing his game plan so must be playing for him. As they must be doing what he asked them if he thinks it's perfect. 

According to the quote he didn't say they had played the perfect first half, the quote was taken out of context as in 'that was perfect' without any reference to what was perfect it could easily have been just a small part of the game, a rehearsed move, a specific tactic.

You're guilty of being selective.

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

According to the quote he didn't say they had played the perfect first half, the quote was taken out of context as in 'that was perfect' without any reference to what was perfect it could easily have been just a small part of the game, a rehearsed move, a specific tactic.

You're guilty of being selective.

Fair enough. I hadn't really kept up to date daily on the context of the quote and took it as was told by Geoff. Thats my mistak. No selective. 

Just gonna assume I read it slightly more offensively than taken and remove my needlessly petty comment. If you read it already I apologise. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

I think The Guardian is pretty shite at football journalism fullstop. Barney Rooney can certainly write, and I do enjoy reading him, but I think they tend to over poncify (if that's a word) the game. I think they won some kind of award a few years back (at least I recall them boasting something) but for me they just can't do it. As a publication, I don't think they take football seriously. I'd rather read The Telegraph on sports generally.

Reminds me of a guy I worked with who went on about how he supported Fulham. Yes, he went to matches (with his son), bought the match programs, etc etc etc.... but it just seemed false somehow. Like some kind of bizarre affectation. I could never quite put my finger on it but it just felt wrong somehow.

Barney Ronay is a pathetic little moron, his defense of Spurs on a recent pod after the Cup defeat sounded like a man upset because someone was having a dig at his team rather than that of a professional journalist, he might be able to turn a phrase in print but he's no more knowledgeable than most on here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

They do have a point about manager turnover.

Claudio was fave for the sack when appointed, Shakey never should have been and Puel is not good enough for this league, Southampton got rid and he is repeating that here, that's a manager a season whilst back in the top flight, no different to a lot of clubs, for Watford its the average :D

They are correct about our manager turnover and players downing tools. But to call it a sideways step is silly. We are a much bigger club than Huddrsfield, regardless of our recent title win.