Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

24 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No such thing as 100% in this context.

Real, Barca and Bayern will have lost to lesser teams than us this season. Overwhelming favourites they may be but dead certs they ain't.

Well no, but it's as near as damn certain as you'll get in football.

I hope we get Monaco, beat them and be in the semi finals and have people say we haven't played anyone relevant yet. Lol. Those lot on Blue Moon will probably say we got lucky getting Monaco with no hint of irony.

Edited by Koke

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Well no, but it's as near as damn certain as you'll get in football.

It isn't, Lincoln knocking out Burnley would be a much bigger shock than us knocking out a team like Barcelona, etc.

Of course we'd be big underdogs but this season we've by and large crap but have still beaten sides with big pedigree like Porto, Man City, Liverpool and Sevilla. We're the Champions of England still, no team is "100%" or "near as damn certain" to beat us. 

Love how we've not played anyone good yet when Spurs and Man City have been knocked out by Monaco lol 

Seville aren't very good despite everyone (myself included I might add) saying beforehand how good they were and how they would win easily. 

50 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Can we just take a minute to appreciate the following post from Blue Moon;

"I have read that somewhere and the reason he was sacked was because the owners are scared of being relegated and probably losing a lot of money and told him to go back to PEDs. He refused hence he was sacked. Back on them and running around like Duracell bunnies again - how coincidental, not!"

A slightly more original theory on Ranieri's sacking than the incessant 'players not trying for him' rhetoric. Imagine being that much of a berk.

Lmao lollol

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

"I have read that somewhere and the reason he was sacked was because the owners are scared of being relegated and probably losing a lot of money and told him to go back to PEDs. He refused hence he was sacked. Back on them and running around like Duracell bunnies again - how coincidental, not!"

A slightly more original theory on Ranieri's sacking than the incessant 'players not trying for him' rhetoric. Imagine being that much of a berk.

Heard it all now, Ranieri  got sacked for not using PEDs. :D

"I don't think there will be a single coach who is hoping they face Leicester," said Zidane, via Sky Sports. "They keep achieving what they are told they can't achieve.

"Many thought they wouldn't hold on to their lead at the top of the Premier League - and they did.

"Many thought they could not turnaround the defeat against Sevilla - and they did.

"Whatever club Leicester face, they [Leicester] won't be favourites. And with that pressure off them and on the other team, anything can happen.

"We have seen they have some very talented players but they also play with a lot of passion and heart. That is never easy to face.

"In the last eight, you are going to be in for two tough games. It's the stage of the competition where everybody starts to believe and to dream they can win it."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I hope we get Monaco, beat them and be in the semi finals and have people say we haven't played anyone relevant yet. Lol. Those lot on Blue Moon will probably say we got lucky getting Monaco with no hint of irony.

it would be even more hysterical if we got bayern and somehow won. arsenal fan tv would implode lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Surely not squeaky clean Man City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38588913

37 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Surely not squeaky clean Man City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38588913

You would have thought Man City fans would be a bit more humble in general, given where they have come from- I can't believe how much bitterness there is towards us gatecrashing the 'elite' party, they have become everything they always hated.

They have basically used their infinite wealth to climb up to the treehouse and want to pull the ladder up after them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davieG said:

"I don't think there will be a single coach who is hoping they face Leicester," said Zidane, via Sky Sports. "They keep achieving what they are told they can't achieve.

"Many thought they wouldn't hold on to their lead at the top of the Premier League - and they did.

"Many thought they could not turnaround the defeat against Sevilla - and they did.

"Whatever club Leicester face, they [Leicester] won't be favourites. And with that pressure off them and on the other team, anything can happen.

"We have seen they have some very talented players but they also play with a lot of passion and heart. That is never easy to face.

"In the last eight, you are going to be in for two tough games. It's the stage of the competition where everybody starts to believe and to dream they can win it."

except us, we know we're fvcked regardless