Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Scholes was class, but people do seem to look at him with rose-tinted specs more than the other 2. He did have some pretty poor spells, he wasn't as prolific as Lampard and his all round game wasn't as good as Gerrard, imo. All different, all brilliant, but I think because Scholes was quiet and likeable people seem to think that also equates to being a better player... I'm not so sure.

United have just shit their way through the season. Van Gal has done worse than Moyes considering the money he has spent, they manage to stay in games by being shit. Our win against them was fantastic, pulled spade faces pants firmly down!

Gerrard was/is far far superiorr to scholes (interesting my iPhone wants to cchange this to cajoles) in everu singl way.

Gerard is a legend. The best cm I'll ever seen (bar cambiasso obv).

Did you see that poll they had on the BBC Football website yesterday? It was a vote for Liverpool's best ever player and Gerrard won by a mile. I know he's been great but I expected one of the others to win the poll.

Think it was between Gerrard, Barnes, Dalglish, Rush and Souness.

Makes the final day "slightly" more interesting.  If Arsenal beat Sunderland midweek then Man Utd because they didn't win today have nothing to play for against Hull.  I think Hull now have a better chance of turning them over should United not need anything out of the game.  So all in all, Man U not winning is a better result for Hull than it is for Sunderland and Newcastle.

Hull will win on Sunday. Utd have an abysmal record last day of the season.

tbh...Hull have a crap record in May....havent won in May in the premier league at all...only got 3 draws....& Bruce hasnt yet won against Man Utd yet as a manager(i think)

they'll have to pull something out the rear's to stay up....think Hull will draw tbh

Correct me if I'm wrong but....

- If WBA lose to Chelsea tonight

- If WBA lose again at Arsenal on Sunday

- If Villa don't beat Burnley at least 13-0 on Sunday

- If we beat QPR on Sunday

- Given that Stoke is really a suburb of Manchester and therefore in the NW, and everybody wishes it didn't exist anyway....

If and given all the above....

By 5pm Sunday, we could be the top team in the Midlands!  :chant:

Correct me if I'm wrong but....

- If WBA lose to Chelsea tonight

- If WBA lose again at Arsenal on Sunday

- If Villa don't beat Burnley at least 13-0 on Sunday

- If we beat QPR on Sunday

- Given that Stoke is really a suburb of Manchester and therefore in the NW, and everybody wishes it didn't exist anyway....

If and given all the above....

By 5pm Sunday, we could be the top team in the Midlands!  :chant:

true Alf, to think we actually have a good chance of finishing 13th seems incredible.  At the end of March we had half the points we have now.

Has any team that was bottom of the league for so long ever had a run like ours?

true Alf, to think we actually have a good chance of finishing 13th seems incredible.  At the end of March we had half the points we have now.

Has any team that was bottom of the league for so long ever had a run like ours?

Although WBA escaped after being bottom with 45 minutes of the season left, I certainly can't remember any club being bottom for so long, leaving it so late and then escaping.

That's what I find most impressive: to be rock bottom for about 5 months, losing week in, week out, despite being in contention in almost every match.....and then to have the self-belief to start winning, to keep winning, to keep focus, not to relinquish the pressure but not to get over-excited at a couple of wins either....

For me, that says an enormous amount for NP's ability to ensure that the squad remained positive and focused, and didn't let their heads drop at any point. It says a lot for team/squad spirit, too, that they bought into that belief.

Top, top effort!  :thumbup:

I RECKON...Hull have a real chance, and I would prefer Hull to Sunderland.

Not any hate direction Sunderland, its simply that Sunderland, have spent along time going nowhere, I would like Hull now to have some of that time in the PL, to see if they can liven up the middle ground and create their own history.

I would like to see Bruce have some success, obviously not better than citys.

Advocaat can help Sunderlands christmas parties with eggnogs, there now you have been warninks.

if Sunderland did manage to stay up, their pressure, will be the heaviest, they now have to begin the path of proving they are what they say they are ....and earn that big club status.Nothing short of Swansea, Southampton like achievments. They more than city need a larger spread of new players.

Whatever happens, I wont lose sleep over it.

The major point that must be obvious to our fans,with the swapping and changing positions in this

seasons relegation fight, shows how competitive it going to be to land, those type if players we need and want.

Not forgetting the new promoted clubs.

Did you see that poll they had on the BBC Football website yesterday? It was a vote for Liverpool's best ever player and Gerrard won by a mile. I know he's been great but I expected one of the others to win the poll.

Think it was between Gerrard, Barnes, Dalglish, Rush and Souness.

Gerrard is great but maybe not so many people voting actually saw the others play.

Dalglish would probably get it from that list.

Keegan or Hughes overall.

I never found him that attractive tbh.

Fair enough. As we know from our own site, different fans see different things from the same players.

Archived