Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

lol  woosh.

oh :(lol:P

I guess my heterosexual tendancies and the fact I've actually had to work for the first day in the last month helped me miss that one.

Having said that his long hair was pretty sexy.

So Sky have a choice of which two games they show on Sunday, and rather than showing Newcastle v West Ham and Hull v Man Utd, they've just said one of the games will be Chelsea v Sunderland. They've already decided that. Sunderland being the one of the three with the least chance of dropping, and actually could be safe after Wednesday, whilst they could be showing the two games involving the teams really battling it out for safety. Bit of a joke really.

So Sky have a choice of which two games they show on Sunday, and rather than showing Newcastle v West Ham and Hull v Man Utd, they've just said one of the games will be Chelsea v Sunderland. They've already decided that. Sunderland being the one of the three with the least chance of dropping, and actually could be safe after Wednesday, whilst they could be showing the two games involving the teams really battling it out for safety. Bit of a joke really.

All three are on, Couple on Sky Sports and the other on Sky 1.

All three are on, Couple on Sky Sports and the other on Sky 1.

Ah, I stand corrected then. Hope Chelsea are on Sky 1 then, that game is probably going to be largely irrelevant.

Superb claims from Raheem Sterling that he is currently being "bullied" into signing a new deal. A 20 year old **** being "bullied" into having £100k a week for playing a game of footy. Wish some proper bullies would start nicking his pocket money the big girl.

Reading this morning Sterling wants to leave, can't help but take a dislike for the fella. Rodgers has made him, he's been offered £100k pw, give them another 2/3 years lad.

Reading this morning Sterling wants to leave, can't help but take a dislike for the fella. Rodgers has made him, he's been offered £100k pw, give them another 2/3 years lad.

I don't think I'd want to stay at Liverpool for 100k, I'd rather go to another team for the same money. Liverpool are still a long way off the pace for me and will be even more so next year. It's not like he's one of their youth team products, they bought him from QPR.

I don't think some Liverpool fans realise what they have in Sterling though, I've heard some of them wishing him to leave. Bet they will regret that one.

Doubt they would regret wanting him to leave if ultimately he doesnt want to be at Liverpool. As soon as a player isnt 100% committed to the cause then **** them off no matter how good they are.

What Liverpool fans may regret is if Sterling goes to another English club. It would only make Liverpools ambitions of top 4 even harder to achieve and if they want to still be regarded as a big club in English Football then selling your better players to direct rivals isnt the way to go about it.

I dont think Sterling has done enough to warrant a big money move to another club anyway. Carragher made a good point in saying if he wants to go and play Champions League football and win trophies then Liverpool had a great chance this season at winning a trophy with the FA cup and were in the Champions League and yet Sterling never turned up in the big games.

Quite frankly Sterling is being overhyped as the next big thing along with Harry Kane. These players need to let the football do the talking on a consistent basis before starting to throw dummies out the pram over big money contracts. (Although Kane hasnt done anything of the sort YET)

Sterling is starting to come across as an arrogant little shit. Whether its him directly or his representatives is a different question.

Doubt they would regret wanting him to leave if ultimately he doesnt want to be at Liverpool. As soon as a player isnt 100% committed to the cause then **** them off no matter how good they are.

What Liverpool fans may regret is if Sterling goes to another English club. It would only make Liverpools ambitions of top 4 even harder to achieve and if they want to still be regarded as a big club in English Football then selling your better players to direct rivals isnt the way to go about it.

I dont think Sterling has done enough to warrant a big money move to another club anyway. Carragher made a good point in saying if he wants to go and play Champions League football and win trophies then Liverpool had a great chance this season at winning a trophy with the FA cup and were in the Champions League and yet Sterling never turned up in the big games.

Quite frankly Sterling is being overhyped as the next big thing along with Harry Kane. These players need to let the football do the talking on a consistent basis before starting to throw dummies out the pram over big money contracts. (Although Kane hasnt done anything of the sort YET)

Sterling is starting to come across as an arrogant little shit. Whether its him directly or his representatives is a different question.

Can agree with that, I think Sterling's likely to join Arsenal and i think he'll be a major success there. Liverpool's ambition in the last five or six years as gone right down the pan. Even though Suarez was a loose cannon, he was the best player they'd had and probably it was he that got them to second place last season. The idea of selling him and trying to replace him with Mario Balotelli who was a major flop when he was last in the premier league and another loose cannon., is just laughable.

Agree with this to the extent that if Sterling goes to another English club and plays well it will be regrettable. On the point about them being over hyped, if they were of a foreign nationality, say Spanish for example, a lot of people would be saying "why don't we produce players like that in England". I think this has been a case with English footballers, they are always underrated in comparison to foreign players.

This would be worse than the man utd pogba situation IMO as liverpool already know how good sterling is, think he's one of the few young players who could walk into most teams in the world, given the right coach and players around him (like he did last year with Suarez and an inform Sturridge) sterling will live up to his hype.

Agree with this to the extent that if Sterling goes to another English club and plays well it will be regrettable. On the point about them being over hyped, if they were of a foreign nationality, say Spanish for example, a lot of people would be saying "why don't we produce players like that in England". I think this has been a case with English footballers, they are always underrated in comparison to foreign players.

Foreign players dont get overhyped anywhere near like English players here. We as a nation are so desperate to close the gap on the better footballing nations that any sniff of a half decent player here and the fans and journalists jump on the band wagon bigging them up to be the next Pele which puts unnecessary pressure on there shoulders. Sterling is just another example of a player who had 1 decent season with Liverpool and then goes on to believe the hype surrounding them that they would walk into a Real Madrid team therefore they honestly believe they deserve to be on £200k+ a week.

1 good season shouldnt command a big money move. Especially when the season after hasnt been spectacular. Imo he should get his head down and focus on playing for Liverpool and proving he isnt a 1 season wonder. Playing well on a consistant basis will then give him the justification of commanding a better deal for himself.

No time for Sterling, good but overrated like the rest of the young England brigade. He'll turn into Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Don't agree. SWP was so one dimensional, he was lucky to have picked up any England caps to be frank. Sterling has all the potential to be world class. But his attitude will affect his potential. He hasn't proven anything yet and should be loyal to Liverpool for at least the next 2 years for me. Bale and Modric would not have been the players they are if they had left Spurs earlier, because they would have been frozen out at Madrid, and probably let go. For his own career he has to stay at Liverpool, prove that he is world class, and then the big clubs will come in for him. 

Guest MattP

Don;t think Sterling will be another SWP but he's certainly nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, has been found out already by the better sides and I'm not sure he has the nouse or commitment to stay working at his game for years upon years to fulfill his talent.

Scousers gets anything over 30million I think they've done ok, although they'll probably blow it on resigning Jonjo Shelvy.

Sterling has consistently looked like one of the best players in the world for his age since I first heard of him at around 15/16. He's not had as good a year as he did last year but then the players around him are a lot worse. Obviously you can never tell how a player will develop but he has a lot of potential.

Archived