Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Nigel Pearson - LMA Championship Manager of the Year

"Haha, even Pearson wouldn't give that award to Pearson. Oh well. Dyche will have to win it next year when we finish 4th #twitterclarets"

Absolutely right that Pearson wouldn't have given it to Pearson because he has class. But Dyche would 100% have given it to Dyche. Says it all...

"Haha, even Pearson wouldn't give that award to Pearson. Oh well. Dyche will have to win it next year when we finish 4th #twitterclarets"

Absolutely right that Pearson wouldn't have given it to Pearson because he has class. But Dyche would 100% have given it to Dyche. Says it all...

Dyche will leave them for the first half decent job he's offered. Ego through the roof, reminds me of Phil Brown when he was at Hull.

Terrific news and well done to Nigel.

For the bitter Burnley fans - how about you take on your own club first and being critical with regards to the massive and sympathetic ticket prize increase, instead of slagging off a worthy trophy winner? It's as if they fancy getting tightly choked, whilst whipping somebody else in the process.

We're market leaders in all aspects this season.

Even in dignity. And no one can take that away from us.

Now, where's the next trophy?

Dyche will leave them for the first half decent job he's offered. Ego through the roof, reminds me of Phil Brown when he was at Hull.

Never though about it like that, but you are dead right.

Well done Mr Pearson - and well done the LAM for giving it to the right manager.

Burnley fans should just be honest with themselves,and they will come to realise that dyche wasn't even the second best manager in the league this season, that honour was their ex manager eddie howe at Bournmouth.

Well done nige.

Managed the whole club well. Budget or no budget.

came back from play-off heartbreak. There's a few clubs who haven't.

9 wins in a row. 31 in the season. 102 points.

Gifted fword 4 points allowing them to not finish 41 points behind us.

Think twitter is gonna explode. lol

So sad that fans believe all the media bullshit.

Pearson has spent 2 years cleaning up svens mess. Has brought wisely.

Got wes on the cheap. Used our scouting network wisely to pinch knocky and mahrez when contracts running down.

That's just good management sean not pound notes.

Enjoy ****ing your own fans over by 50%.

Makes my 16 quid look even better value.

Superb Nige, well deserved.

As an aside, have Burnley's STs doubled in price or just a 50% increase? I mean, if it's only 50% that makes their cheapest season ticket this season home £330-odd which is a rip in itself. Most of them would've been over £430! Ouch.

Nige completely deserves it. 102 points delivered when under incredible pressure.

No doubt Dyche is a bit unlucky in that any other season and he'd have won it but that doesn't mean he deserves it now. He may have surpassed expectations but that in itself makes his job easier. With what's gone on the last few years and with the way last season ended, Nige had a massive job to do and he nailed it.

To not give it to the manager of the team who collected 102 points would have been a travesty.

Absolutely fully deserved. I wish the media would just take there tongues out of Dyches arse and just have a look at the job Pearson has done not just this season but last season aswel taking over from Sven. What a mess Pearson was left with. Pearson hasnt spent much at all with FFP looming over our heads yet he was able to create a squad that came back from utter heartbreak last season and turn them into champions steam rolling to the title.

Finishing on 102 points is a huge achievement and certainly shouldnt have gone unrecognised. Well done to the LMA for making the clear right decision.

Dyche has done a fantastic job at Burnley theres no denying that but Pearson was the clear winner.

Congratulations Nigel Pearson :pearson:  :pearson:  :pearson:  :pearson:  :nigel:  :nigel:  :nigel:  :nigel:

Surely Dyche's achievement is at least the same (arguably greater?) than what Rodgers has achieved at Anfield? #twitterclarets (2/2)

:schlupp:

:facepalm: unbelievable

So even the other managers see through Douche's woe is me act. And Burnley could open up a pub with all this bitter - it's hilarious. Should just grow up and see that Nigel has easily been manager of the year: To be in a competition where how well you do usually reflects how much is spent, and spend the season cutting costs across the board from the year before, but still offer a 50% improvement on the year before, setting new records all the time is no mean feat. It's an absolutely herculean task, and well deserves the manager of the year award.

Holy shit at the comments on Henry Winter's tweet. 

Quite. There are some deluded cvnts out there. Dyche can do one. It is easy to exceed expectation when there is none. The managers with the most difficult jobs were 'Arry and Nige given the levels of expectation they had.

There can be no doubt that Nige deserves it. Good at the football and good off the pitch, no snide comments about other Clubs, respect for the league, other clubs, the players and fans alike. :pearson:

Well done Nige - truly deserved  Sir .

I particularly enjoyed the Burnley fan's analysis of points per '000 of the town/ city population to make his point :)

To him I say "how many wild dogs has your manager repulsed armed only with a stick ?"

Archived