Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
knowf***all

Premier league..... aint all that

Before I get shot down.. I haven't checked any stats, but I'm sure we had more attempts on goal, more attacks, more times we jumped out of our seats last season....even the season before.

I like the excitement of an attack, a winger getting to the byline and whipping in a cross, but we're not getting that this season.

Everyone wants to be in the premier league because of the money etc but so far the only good thing for us this season is being able to go to bed earlier on a Saturday cos were on match of the day and not on that other sh1t programme and as far as the money ..... Well I'm not any richer but I'm sure the players are!!!!

Ive said it over and over again. The Premier League isn't all that. Sure its nice to get the extra coverage and have a season playing the big teams with their big followings, but I wouldn't be overly arsed if we went down. The EPL is so overpriced and predictable. I don't see the fun in scrapping around for an occasional point and always expecting to lose. Personally, I find the thrill of the chase to promotion far more rewarding than actually being in there this season. Its just depressing.

Ive said it over and over again. The Premier League isn't all that. Sure its nice to get the extra coverage and have a season playing the big teams with their big followings, but I wouldn't be overly arsed if we went down. The EPL is so overpriced and predictable. I don't see the fun in scrapping around for an occasional point and always expecting to lose. Personally, I find the thrill of the chase to promotion far more rewarding than actually being in there this season. Its just depressing.

Your easily entertained then.?

The idea in sport is to compete at the highest level and the attempt and trying your best to get there...like kids growing up and maturing , and not happy to stay 2nd best, but also learning that there are different levels of success, backing down cos it aint going your way, cant be an option nor an excuse to criticise. The ones who can take it that step further, enjoying your fellow

competitors success should be natural, not a cause for jealous or snide remarks.

We have 19 teams who are happy not to be where we are, look at it from another angle, there are another 60+ teams who

would be over the moon , to be in our situation.

I don't think it's the best league in the world, but as a Leicester fan it's the league we have to aspire to be in as it's the top tier. I as a fan would be very disappointed if we're relegated but at the same time there are things to look forward to next season, better away days being one of them.

From a clubs perspective, obviously the premier leagues the place to be, but from a fans point of view, its a little bit different.  I can't remember the last home game. In the championship it was near enough a game every second week,  away days were cheap and plenty of them and i think we were on the tv live more times last year than this. What the premier league needs is more teams in it.

It's not the league, it's the results we have had this season. The PL is the best league in the world, and if we were mid table more people would take this view. If we could go where Soton have in recent years, then it would be an unbelievable and enjoyable experience

I would always want to be playing at the highest level.

The premier league means i can watch my team every week.

I like to watch some of the best players in the world playing against my side.

I will always prefer the prem, even battling to avoid relegation in the prem is better than chasing promotion in the champ

I would always want to be playing at the highest level.

The premier league means i can watch my team every week.

I like to watch some of the best players in the world playing against my side.

I will always prefer the prem, even battling to avoid relegation in the prem is better than chasing promotion in the champ

I can watch all the games on NBC here, next season some crappy computer asian thread.

It's not the league, it's the results we have had this season. The PL is the best league in the world, and if we were mid table more people would take this view. If we could go where Soton have in recent years, then it would be an unbelievable and enjoyable experience

Spot on.

It's not the Premiership, it's our dismal performance in the Premiership that grates.

People can bang on all they like about 'well what did you expect'?....

I doubt very few expected top six, but very few expected bottom as well. Especially with one of the worst records for goals scored and goals conceded.

We've been rubbish this season so far. That doesn't make the Premiership a bad division to play in. It simply means we've been rubbish.

yay lets aspire to be mid table, how fun. you can predict how the premier league table will look based on how much money each team has spent, face it, the premier league is complete garbage these days. they shouldn't even play games, the league should just be decided by which clubs owner has the most money.

It's an appalling league which makes it even more depressing that we are bottom.

Although similar to Larry as weird as it sounds I certainly won't be shedding any tears if we do go down like I did ten years back.

No idea why but I've lost that absolute desperation to be in the PL.

Yes the last couple of years in CChap have been great but people forget some of the truely horrific times and games we had prior to that.

I'd still sooner lose in this league than the CChip(and before i get shot down as usual-read and think about what ive just stated!!!)

yay lets aspire to be mid table, how fun. you can predict how the premier league table will look based on how much money each team has spent, face it, the premier league is complete garbage these days. they shouldn't even play games, the league should just be decided by which clubs owner has the most money.

Let's face it, our club cannot afford to be in the championship.

I would rather be mid table premier league, and have a go at winning cups, like the Oneill days, than the club racking up massive debts in the championship.

The owners write off a massive debt, I don't think they would want to do it again, and if we don't have an instant return, I fear their hobby might become a little to expensive, and they might want away, then where would we be, probably back to owners like we have had before, or worse someone like Cardiff.

We've been rubbish this season so far. That doesn't make the Premiership a bad division to play in. It simply means we've been rubbish.

I personally think it's too simplistic that say we've been rubbish. We have been competitive in all but 5 games this season. That's what expected but hopefully with less cruel or ****-up's along the way.  

I hate the Premier League really, what it stands for and what it's done to our game. But coming down after one season is just so depressing. I was hoping we'd at least have 2,3 years in it.

Tough call, that. Imagine the expectations built up over the course of two to three years, only to realize you can't cut it any longer.

I think the backlash from people critical of Pearson (if he were still in charge then - or any other manager in charge) would be ten times bigger than right now. :D

I personally think it's too simplistic that say we've been rubbish. We have been competitive in all but 5 games this season. That's what expected but hopefully with less cruel or ****-up's along the way.

Look at just about all the player stats for the season. Goals scored, shots on target, shots off target, assists, tackles won.

Then look at the team stats.

Mate, we've been rubbish.

Just a couple of wins against our lower table rivals would see us higher in the table. And we haven't even managed that.

The Prem is the place to be. We have just given, thus far, a very very poor account of ourselves.

Archived