Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave_the_fox

Robbie Brady to Burnley

Guest CityFan 06
Just now, Ric Flair said:

Palace has about 30 wingers and are lining him up to play left back. I think he's ours if we want him. Palace can have Schlupp.

I thought they had quite a few. I'd say we're more attractive in terms of our style of play which I think he'd suit.

Being the "present" Champions of England and getting through to the last 16 of the CL will help our chances - ultimately it's a good chance for him to be involved in a very prestigious competition. 

13 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

There's one thing for sure. We will score goals from set pieces which we can't do know. He has a very sweet left foot and he's also very brave for someone not so big.

I agree. I think it would be a smart signing. Gives us options on the left. We can go with a 4-3-3 with players like Gray and Mahrez with pace and flair or we can have Brady in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with albrighton on the right, delivering a load of dangerous crosses into the box from either side. A Slimani dream! Both Brady and Albrighton are hard workers and strong defensively so a useful plan B and C to my preferred system of 4-3-3.

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

There's one thing for sure. We will score goals from set pieces which we can't do know. He has a very sweet left foot and he's also very brave for someone not so big.

I always find it odd how left footed players get described as having a "sweet" left foot 

or a "wand" of a left foot. you never hear it for right footed players!

yes I know what you mean. It's a term I picked up during my own playing days as I too was also left footed and I remember being told i had a sweet left foot. Sadly that was all a long time ago.

It mainly refers to the ability to weight a pass perfectly or direct it on target, like onto a Forwards head to score. Right footed players generally don't have that finesse with the exception of a few Namely Beckham or Payet of West Ham.

For the money being quoted he would be a good by and unlike what we have in midfield at present he would chip in with a few Goals. 

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

yes I know what you mean. It's a term I picked up during my own playing days as I too was also left footed and I remember being told i had a sweet left foot. Sadly that was all a long time ago.

It mainly refers to the ability to weight a pass perfectly or direct it on target, like onto a Forwards head to score. Right footed players generally don't have that finesse with the exception of a few Namely Beckham or Payet of West Ham.

For the money being quoted he would be a good by and unlike what we have in midfield at present he would chip in with a few Goals. 

Really?

Isn't it really a saying thats come about because i) lefties are rarer in the game so more desired and more noticeable and ii) Because not many right footed players can use their left foot as well so the ones that can get commented upon?

Or is it that actually left footed people have a superhuman gift that only a couple of right footed players have..... hmm.

39 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I agree. I think it would be a smart signing. Gives us options on the left. We can go with a 4-3-3 with players like Gray and Mahrez with pace and flair or we can have Brady in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with albrighton on the right, delivering a load of dangerous crosses into the box from either side. A Slimani dream! Both Brady and Albrighton are hard workers and strong defensively so a useful plan B and C to my preferred system of 4-3-3.

4-3-3 away from home: Mahrez & Gray supplying Vardy

4-4-2 at home: Albrighton & Brady supplying Slimani

Bring in championship standard players (thats what he is) and you end up in the championship. The way to improve the squad, is to bring in players that are better than you have. So by the new player being better, and replacing a current first teamer, the first teamer drops to the bench, and the bench player, seen as not good enough for a first  team place, drops out of the squad. That way you are naturally improving both the first team, the bench, and the over all squad with that signing.  Brady certainly isn't an improvement on what we have in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Bring in championship standard players (thats what he is) and you end up in the championship. The way to improve the squad, is to bring in players that are better than you have. So by the new player being better, and replacing a current first teamer, the first teamer drops to the bench, and the bench player, seen as not good enough for a first  team place, drops out of the squad. That way you are naturally improving both the first team, the bench, and the over all squad with that signing.  Brady certainly isn't an improvement on what we have in my opinion.

Although I agree with you in one sense, one also has to look at it this way - does he augment what we already have? He might not be a world beater, but does he offer us something different to what we have, and would he function, making the whole team operate better?

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:29, Ric Flair said:

Palace has about 30 wingers and are lining him up to play left back. I think he's ours if we want him. Palace can have Schlupp.

The hatred for Schlupp on here is beyond a joke. He may not be very good but it's not like he mugged a granny is it.

Send him to palace ffs Ric you truly are an evil person. lollollol

Guest CityFan 06

Just coming back to this, Brady started his youth career at Man Utd like many other of our current players. How many do we have that are ex-United? Zieler, Simpson, Drinkwater, James... Any more? That's just off the top of my head.

If Brady knew any of our players from those Man United days, it could be a helpful decider in him choosing to come here, knowing some familiar faces.

4 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Just coming back to this, Brady started his youth career at Man Utd like many other of our current players. How many do we have that are ex-United? Zieler, Simpson, Drinkwater, James... Any more? That's just off the top of my head.

If Brady knew any of our players from those Man United days, it could be a helpful decider in him choosing to come here, knowing some familiar faces.

Schlupp spent some of his youth career there as well.

If he's an opposite-sided Albrighton and basically a LWB, isn't that the same role as Fuchs and Chilwell? We don't exactly need more left wingers.

Current winger options:

Left: Attacking - Musa, Kapustka, Gray.... Defensive - Fuchs, Chilwell, Schlupp

Right: Attacking - Mahrez, Gray.... Defensive - Albrighton

11 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Tom lawrence. Did well for Ipswich yesterday and as far as I know still on our books ?

Drinkwater

James

Zieler

Lawrence

Simpson

Obviously Kasper has connections also.

Previously

Marshall

De Laet

Wellens

Cleverley 

Lingaard 

Keane 

Savage

Gillespie

A Bruce

They are the ex Manchester United ones I remember.

I'm not sold on this to be honest. Schlupp has been terrible this year but he clearly wanted out. If we can get his head straight I see this as potentially swapping a player who can blow excellent or awful at this level for one who I suspect is an average premier league player. 

Archived