Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Evidence of squad disharmony or nothing?

I forgot to mention this last night and nearly completely forgot about it until I stumbled across it this morning on Youtube. It was the bench reaction when we score. King and Zieler look like they've been photo-shopped into the background and they're not really there as they don't celebrate. 

I'd expect this from Zieler as I don't think I've ever seen any reaction from him ever, even last week when he was kicked in the head by a Millwall player he basically just stirred in his sleep. King though.... Andy King is a little harder to understand.

Go to 2 mins to see Ruud Gullit talking about it...

Just now, Monk said:

To be fair it is a still, not a video of their reactions. Doesn't prove much on its own. 

But when you watch the video it still tells the same story. At the time last night I thought it was very odd, but then I wondered whether this was maybe a few-30 seconds after the goal and maybe Ranieri was giving it an extra fist pump, but all the other players had already finished celebrating. Would be really interested to see a real time clip of the bench as the goal went in.

If you think about it in context, at that point we were 2-0 down and being played off the park. The goal sparked the revival. Had been an equaliser I'm sure the celebration would've been more evident. My opinion but I think King has his head screwed on and is one who maintains squad cohesion. 

It's very easy to make it look something it wasn't. From what I saw the reaction of Ranieri was post goal and not at the time of the goal, what you're seeing could be 10/15 seconds after the ball went in whilst the TV try and make out it was the precise moment.

I wonder if its more of a problem with Vardy than total disharmony.... I remember when Stan Collymore was at... Liverpool i think it was and he scored a goal... NO ONE ran up to him to celebrate. Not one single team mate...

Maybe it's just me.

But what I DIDNT see after we scored last night was any set of subs, jumping up off the bench, hugging each other, high fiving Claudio. NOTHING of that nature. 

It smacked of a situation whereby either the players were so shocked that we'd scored (thus didn't celebrate cos it hadn't sunk in) OR they didn't really give much of a shite. 

Theres been hundreds of Champions League nights where a team scores a late one to keep them in a fixture, or to go to extra time, or to win a game...where the bench has gone crazy when the goal went in.

Last night, as I said in the post match thread, was just bizarre cos it was like 'oh, we've scored..ok'.

UNLESS there was something we missed. Something beforehand that wasn't shown on Sky?

After watching it i'm thinking what a load of crap. Gullit claiming king wants to say something to his mate. Looks more like he's having a crafty nose pick to me. And Ranieri's looking the other way towards our goal, in fact i remember seeing this and i think he was geeing up fuch's or someone.

Untitled.jpg

Cross posting these from another thread as it's more fitting here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shot of the reaction after our goal. (If someone can post a video clip that would be better):

GoalReaction.PNG

At 2:30. Marcotti says that his intel is that the friction is not with Ranieri, but with other players. They feel that Ranieri was too soft on players from last year who were not performing and hasn't given others the chance. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's obvious to all there are issues, but one can hope that they are being worked through. Kasper was immense, and Vardy was back to being his non-league self. 

If you were one of the squad and seeing some of the performances the first team have put in you might quite rightly be pissed off. 

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Maybe it's just me.

But what I DIDNT see after we scored last night was any set of subs, jumping up off the bench, hugging each other, high fiving Claudio. NOTHING of that nature. 

It smacked of a situation whereby either the players were so shocked that we'd scored (thus didn't celebrate cos it hadn't sunk in) OR they didn't really give much of a shite. 

Theres been hundreds of Champions League nights where a team scores a late one to keep them in a fixture, or to go to extra time, or to win a game...where the bench has gone crazy when the goal went in.

Last night, as I said in the post match thread, was just bizarre cos it was like 'oh, we've scored..ok'.

UNLESS there was something we missed. Something beforehand that wasn't shown on Sky?

It didn't seem to me that the Claudio fist pumping they showed was at the time of the goal, he and the players were mostly looking the other way and in different directions for a start. If you ask me what we saw was more likely to be a fist pumping "come on" a good few seconds after the goal, rather than THE goal celebration.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Cross posting these from another thread as it's more fitting here.

Shot of the reaction after our goal. (If someone can post a video clip that would be better):

GoalReaction.PNG

At 2:30. Marcotti says that his intel is that the friction is not with Ranieri, but with other players. They feel that Ranieri was too soft on players from last year who were not performing and hasn't given others the chance. 

I think it's obvious to all there are issues, but one can hope that they are being worked through. Kasper was immense, and Vardy was back to being his non-league self. 

If you were one of the squad and seeing some of the performances the first team have put in you might quite rightly be pissed off. 

Well it says full time at the bottom of the screen. so it's not really at the time of the goal

Everyone's desperate for there to be some sort of scandal at Leicester.

This is clearly ages after the goal. Ranieri is looking to the right FFS.

This is probably as the players are lining up when Sevilla kick off.

1 minute ago, pds said:

We were 2-1 down, there wasn't much of a celebration on the pitch either. Most ran to retrieve the ball.

If you watch on BT King clearly didn't say anything he just had his hand to his face.

Which is madness, we should have been time wasting!

The thing that struck me more last night was after the final whistle when CR is hugging the players on the pitch. He walks over to Vardy and gives him a hug then Vardy walks away and quite clearly says something to himself under his breath. I'm only guessing, but he looked quite dismissive and my instinct at the time was he was calling CR something unsavoury. And the interview with Vardy before the game when he said the players were categorically 100% behind CR - well sorry but I didn't believe him.

I'm not trying to shit stir and I could be way off the mark, but I sense something's not quite right between them.

Archived