Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

lol all you need is Ings and Sturridge to get their inevitable season-long injuries and you're back to Lambert coming off the bench.

I think Liverpool would do better with our 5 strikers tbh, 32.5m for Benteke if it goes through is disgusting.

Yea I don't think Benteke is the right fit for Liverpool's style. He is in the Lambert/Balotelli mould rather than the Sturrridge/Suarez mould. He's not mobile enough for them IMO.

I think he's more mobile/complete and better than Lambert.

If you think we live in a world where monetary profit represents real value then I'm afraid you're in for a shock.  You would hardly claim that McDonalds is "the best burger restaurant in the world", or that Starbucks is "the best coffee house in the world", but they are the ones with the largest income in their respective industries.

Well exactly.  McDonalds doesn't have the best burgers in terms of sheer 'quality' but it is the largest in the world because of so many other factors. Just as how the Premier League isn't the best in world right now in terms of sheer quality (it was not long ago though remember) but other factors put it in a different universe to other leagues around the world.  

These other factors explain why so many people around the world love watching the product to such an extent that they are willing to pay such spectacular amounts of money for the privilege.  I personally think It's something we should be proud off, not sure why some people are slightly embarrassed by it.

Benteke is a better player than Bony in my opinion who went for a similar(ish) fee. It's a big fee but not outrageous for a youngish striker.

I think Ings, Milner, Clyne and Benteke is decent business. Not top 4 signings but improvements to last year.

Benteke is a better player than Bony in my opinion who went for a similar(ish) fee. It's a big fee but not outrageous for a youngish striker.

I think Ings, Milner, Clyne and Benteke is decent business. Not top 4 signings but improvements to last year.

sideways moves if you ask me.

Problem with the Scousers is they still believe they are a major force and  cannot accept they are a level behind Man U,Man City,Arsenal and Chelsea.

They've got better atmospheric fans, though.

Milne and Clyne are really good bits of business IMO.

Benteke will be fine IF they play to his strengths.

I think Benteke could do well at Liverpool, he's done well to score as many goals as he has in a shite Villa team. Lukaku went for a similar fee and without looking at official stats they have similar goal-scoring records.

Best thing for Villa was Man Utd showing an interest, this has forced to Liverpool to meet the clause to ensure they get him.

Read in the paper that Man City's owner could wake up at 7am and by 2pm he would have earned the entirety of Raheem Sterling's 49 million price tag. Absolutely staggering.

That's just not true.

£49m in 7 hours means he earns £7m an hour.

Which means he earns £1,176,000,000 a week and over £61 billion a year which is a similar GDP to Slovakia.

Bill Gates is the world's richest man who has a net worth of £48.4 billion and that would mean the Man City owner could earn that in ten months.

Read in the paper that Man City's owner could wake up at 7am and by 2pm he would have earned the entirety of Raheem Sterling's 49 million price tag. Absolutely staggering.

i would honestly hate to earn that much money...

Archived