Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jam

Esteban's not coming back

Does it matter? The most important or sad part about this is that he won't be coming back at all.

I'm currently swimming in my own pool of tears.

Bless ya. You'll get over it.

Yeah it does matter. Why has he turned another season down with us? Does anyone know?

Not unexpected at all but you can't help but feel he'd have stayed if none of this crap had happened.

Nonetheless thank you for everything, it has been an absolute honour and a privilege. He will have my respect and admiration for the rest of my life for signing with us and its been a joy to watch someone so talented turn out for us.

It's been unforgettable Esteban, thank you.

Claudio is right when he says 'we need to find a new leader'.

Morgan may be club captain but it was clear Esteban was the captain in anything but name last season. It's hard to replace that sort of infectious attitude and experience.

There are players in the squad who lead by example but I can't think of a player who's a true leader like he was. Vocal, organising everyone, calming them down when they needed it, and showing them what it was to play with enthusiasm.

I'm more concerned about that than losing his quality as a midfielder.

Yeah it does matter. Why has he turned another season down with us? Does anyone know?

He hasn't stated anything on his press release col.

Well you have to admit it has legs. Given the reports that they had a bust up at Inter and when he subbed him he sat on the bench crying and sobbing (Although to give some balance I understand that was due to fans booing him off the pitch).

Oh I agree mate, you'd be daft to ignore it. Also, a couple of the more reliable ITKs report a couple of weeks back that he'll re-sign...in the meantime Ranieri is appointed and hey presto, he's on his way. Doesn't look great does it?

It's hard not to put 2 and 2 together here.

Like SteveWalsh5 said, Knocky, Pearson & Esteban all gone.

I'm usually pretty positive but this summer has been a disaster - just as our club hit a real high point. So ****ing predictable.

I ask again..does anyone know why he's off, or where?

Col if anybody knew they would have said.

disagree - you have no idea what has happened..it seems from his own admission to have been cambiasso who has said no not Ranieri

agree...it would be a fail if we start the season without the right players in the squad and waiting another two weeks increases that probability - this now allows us to move on and focus on recruitment

Their first job was to keep the squad together and then improve it. First task failed. I'm not talking about reputations, or past experiences. I would say the same if Pearson was in charge too.

Guest MattP

Imagine being a club that completed the greatest escape in premier league history then sacked your manager and didn't offer your player of the season a new contract until the 21st of July.

Thanks for the memories Esteban, you were incredible.

There wouldn't have been 70 odd pages of chat if someone actually knew anything!

Imagine being a club that completed the greatest escape in premier league history then sacked your manager and didn't offer your player of the season a new contract until the 21st of July.

Thanks for the memories Esteban, you were incredible.

Exactly!

repeating the main theme of the thread, it has been a pleasure to have enjoyed a season of the best player to ever play for us. in ten/twenty/thirty years time we'll all remember his head. 

the goal against man utd will probably forever be the best moment i'll have supporting us. 

it really was a magic season. 

CKdUhpcW8AAn3w0.jpg

Archived