Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Clarkson and friends.

So having watched it all, in summary I think

* Trying be like old Top Gear, will only be compared to it and it'll never match up.

* Evans is annoying. Like a child on too many e-numbers who's trying to be funny. Hes not a naturally funny guy. He's a naturally happy guy, and that works on some shows, but his hyperactive style doesn't here.

* Le Blanc was ok, the best part of the show. If one of the others had had to leave the old show, he wouldn't have been a terrible fit.

* Guest pairing was weird. Ramsay and Eisenberg?!? Track was too overly complex too.

Overall wasn't that impressed but will how the series pans out.

Wasn't too bad, though I think they should have tried to distance themselves further from the previous format. Think it'll improve as they get more comfortable but I'm not sure I'll watch it, then again I didn't watch the previous few seasons either.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Overall, not a bad first attempt. They'll learn and get the bits that didn't work right, just like Jeremy and co. did when they started, lets not forget James wasn't even in the first series and a bit of a side act in the next couple, before finding what worked for them.

Matt was good, Chris was a little too 'jumpy' and his voice over got a little annoying. The fact that they didn't really start with a major challenge I think has put a lot of people off, time commitments maybe? 

The relationship between Matt and Chris is clearly new and needs time too, felt it missed a 3rd presenter.

But not too bad.

Guest Mee-9

I thought the only half decent segment was Matt LeBlanc with the Nomad.

But then again, it's not a roadworthy car.  :blink:

Guest Mee-9

Ladbrokes are offering 1/2 on Top Gear not returning after this season, and also 1/4 that Chris Evans won't present another season of it.

I think it would have been better for all concerned if that producer had just smacked clarkson back instead of whinging like a baby girl. They'd be mates again by now.

Yeah but unfortunately being a grade A clueless cvnt seems to be a prerequisite of getting a production job at the BBC.

Just look at Radio 1 breakfast. Only the BBC could have had the biggest radio show in the world with millions of listeners, only to just throw it away to talk to a small teenage audience about STD's, periods and One Direction every morning.

Everyone involved in that organisation is a useless w*nker.

Already said I didn't like it much but just to expand on that .... The Yank is a Yank so I'm not sure he will ever quite understand what we are about and there will never be proper banter. Evans is a prat and just tries too hard ... Tbh he just gets right up my nose. ... And no we haven't even got a bit of skirt to look at. As for the car comparison about top guns and missiles ... Do me a favour. They are trying to be too clever before they have even started ..... Why don't they get back to basics and then slowly build the show. They are so desperate to outdo the old show they have completely cocked it up.

Always tough following on from such a force in Clarkson, May and Hammond. Top Gear was brilliant when they presented it and it was always going to be difficult to replace them.

Don't understand why we have an American in there. One of the best things about Top Gear was the chemistry and banter between the three, and the staging of jokes and Clarkson generally not taking it too serious. American's can't replicate English banter, it's why English comedy is the best ever.

I couldn't wait until Wednesday, it was OK. Too similar to the old one, but felt too false/forced, I think (I hope) it will improve.

The celebrity in the car segment was painful, as was the blackpool trip, oh and the crap top gun laser lock on.

I thought 'the yank' was the best thing about it - when they relaxed and had unscripted dialogue it was funny and it certainly has potential though using the existing formula mashed in with an attempt to turn it into TFI Friday with crap audience participation clapping hairstyles and cars was truly awful and felt forced - Chris skipping around all X cited was a bit uncomfortable too.

Hopefully they'll chill out settle down and find a level of banter that's not so badly scripted and more natural. It's got potential but they need the third presenter in the studio and need to demonstrate that between them, they actually know something about cars.

I thought 'the yank' was the best thing about it - when they relaxed and had unscripted dialogue it was funny and it certainly has potential though using the existing formula mashed in with an attempt to turn it into TFI Friday with crap audience participation clapping hairstyles and cars was truly awful and felt forced - Chris skipping around all X cited was a bit uncomfortable too.

Hopefully they'll chill out settle down and find a level of banter that's not so badly scripted and more natural. It's got potential but they need the third presenter in the studio and need to demonstrate that between them, they actually know something about cars.

Actually I agree, I thought le blanc has potential but Chris Evans is not right for it IMO. Using clarksons lines was a bit cringe as well.

Archived